Lake City Medical Center, a 91-bed acute care hospital serving the communities of Columbia, Hamilton and Suwannee counties for over 60 years. Lake City Medical Center is part of HCA Healthcare North Florida offering medical and surgical programs including 24-hour emergency care, heart care, interventional cardiology, orthopedics, cancer care, imaging and rehabilitation services. Lake City Medical Center is an Accredited Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology, and has achieved Disease Specific Certification in the treatment of Sepsis by the Joint Commission. We have been named the area's Best of the Best Hospital 20 years in a row and employer of choice in 2019 by the Lake City-Columbia County Chamber of Commerce!
To perform cardiac monitoring and secretarial duties, in accordance with the philosophy, goals and objectives of LCMC.
1. Participate in the unit based Quality Improvement process.
2. Demonstrates knowledge and respect of patient rights to privacy and protection of patient confidentiality.
3. Organizes and communicates patient care activities to the patient and to the Registered Nurse.
4. Completes, executes and performs secretarial tasks such as, Order Entry, filing and organizing patient charts.
5. Communicates, interacts and participates in team work on the unit.
6. Demonstrates and understanding of patients charts, physician orders and nursing orders.
7. Promotes and displays a positive customer oriented demeanor to patients, visitors staff and physicians.
8. Demonstrates an understanding and is proficient in the use of a computer and office equipment.
9. Maintains the unit in optimal operating condition by cleaning general work stations and stocking of supplies.
10. Ability to perform cardiac rhythm monitoring and the reports changes to licensed nurse appropriately.
11. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
12. Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
• High School or equivalency required
• BLS certified required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
• Unit secretary skills preferred
• Must complete basic arrhythmia class and /or pass arrhythmia test with > 80%
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
• Read and writes Basic English
• Ability to use a computer, typewriter and calculator
• Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.