Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: North Miami Beach, Florida
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as Certified Sterile Processing Tech where you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million to our incredible team members over the course of three years.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. Within the Ambulatory Surgery Division, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable. Some of the unique benefits we offer include:
* Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Program
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are seeking a Certified Sterile Processing Tech for our center to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
As the Certified Instrument/Sterile Processing Tech, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, will Contribute to the company's mission and vision by assisting with the care of patients by providing properly cleaned, sterilized, highly disinfected instruments and supplies.
What you will do in this role:
* You will demonstrate knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness, and sterilization of instruments and equipment
* You will maintain a sanitary environment for the provision of patient care
* You will demonstrates awareness of appropriate sterilization methods needed for different instruments in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions
* You will demonstrate knowledge of high level disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment.
* You will maintain a daily log, testing for efficacy of disinfecting solution with each cycle and perform biological testing
* You will monitor and record all test loads and sterilization cycles while documenting any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator and/or Nurse Manager
* You will maintain an accurate log for equipment out for repairs
NORTH MIAMI BEACH SURGICAL CENTER is easy access to the Florida Turnpike and minutes from downtown Miami with easy access to beautiful beaches. The center has the latest technology in ophthalmology surgery cases with one OR suite and two procedure rooms. Performing around 425 cases per month, our specialties include ophthalmology, urology, general surgery, orthopedics and plastics. HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Certified Sterile Processing Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
Qualifications for this role:
* Graduate of a sterile processing program required
* One year experience in surgical instrument sterilization processing, preferably in an acute care or ambulatory surgery center environment
* Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable
* Certification in central processing
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.