Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
The Technical Support Team is responsible for managing prompt resolution of global customer and partner service requests in a highly secured environment. The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) works closely with Development, QA, Operations, Customer Service, Finance, Sales, and Alliances to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction with all transactions. The primary function of this position is to ensure that each customer interaction is a friendly and professional experience, that addresses the needs of the customer in all stages of the customer service life cycle within Qualys. Customer relationship building and teamwork are key success criteria for this role. The TSE will provide support via phone, email, and WebEx focused on the Qualys Cloud Agent used in conjunction with the Qualys Vulnerability Management, Policy Compliance, AssetView, and other Qualys Services.
We are looking for passionate, self-motivated technical individuals that have the desire and capability to think outside the box to solve complex problems. The Technical Support Engineer acts as the main point of contact regarding technical issues, and will work directly with Development and QA teams to facilitate resolution. This role will suit an individual who excels in a challenging and dynamic environment, enjoys providing world-class support, and is technically motivated.
The ideal candidate will have strong hands-on networking knowledge and have at least 4 years previous experience in a technical support role and must be able to adapt quickly to any technical challenge. You must have a strong Windows foundation and/or solid Linux/Unix experience in an enterprise environment. Candidate must be passionate about security, and individuals with CISSP/CEH or equivalent are preferred. Applicant will have a deep understanding of network services, and how they work from a protocol/configuration level.
- 4+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Unix/Linux experience in an enterprise environment.
- In-depth TCP/IP understanding.
- LAN/WAN infrastructures.
- Common OS services(IIS, BIND, Apache, AD, WINS, Samba, SSH).
- Strong knowledge of current firewall, Intrusion Detection System technologies, and Network Vulnerability Scanners.
- Windows Active Directory authentication and security.
- Knowledge of Samba/Active Directory integration
- CIFS, DNS, ACL, server/client configuration.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Splunk usage including but not limited to log queries and report/dashboard generation
- Bachelor of Science, preferably with a major in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Systems Management experience (KACE, GPO deployments)
- Experienced with packet capture review and diagnosis.
- Previous API support and Regex knowledge.
- Scripting experience (Bash, Python)
- Knowledge of major web server software (IIS, Apache, Websphere, Tomcat, WebLogic), UNIX/Windows web services, and diverse platforms and applications (Linux, Windows 2003/2008, Windows NT, Novell, Lotus Notes, Mac OS).
- Oracle and Microsoft SQL knowledge highly desirable.
- CCNA, MCSE, CISSP, CompTIA Security+, and CEH highly desirable.
- Bilingual candidates highly desirable (Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Portuguese)
- Experience with Customer Support and Development Tools (Salesforce, Jira, etc.)