Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Westfield Center, Ohio
BUILD YOUR FUTURE...WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
Your future is bright. Promising. And full of endless possibilities. Explore those possibilities at Westfield Insurance where our interns work on projects that make a difference. This is your chance to showcase your talents while we guide you in setting achievable career aspirations. From actuarial to event planning, we offer a wide range of opportunities for you to develop and grow in your chosen academic area.
Agribusiness Underwriting Internship
$15.00 per hour
Interns will assist with special projects and research surrounding our ABD strategy, industry findings, and analysis. In this position you will become familiar with our segments, technical process work flow needs, and our Business Intelligence reporting. At this time, the internship will be located at our Westfield Center, OH Home Office Building.
The internship will be a 40 hour per week opportunity. The right candidate will be pursuing a four - year degree in Agribusiness/Farming, Risk Management & Insurance, or related degrees.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Assists business unit with work assigned to them. This often includes, but is not limited to, project work and coverage of day-to-day activities within the business unit.
2. Actively participates in summer internship program events including Lunch & Learns.
3. Conducts research and/or other work for projects assigned.
4. May be responsible for department administrative and support duties.
5. Develops business acumen through interactions and shadowing with other professionals.
6. Attends business unit meetings as assigned.
7. Creates and delivers presentations.
8. Travels occasionally in order to participate in special assignments, training, and/or travel between office locations.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Actively pursuing or within 1 year of receiving a secondary education degree with a related field of study.
2. Previous work experience. (work experience does not have to be related to this field)
3. Proven ability to collaborate and work with a team.
4. Demonstrated solid oral, written and interpersonal skills resulting in the ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
5. Demonstrated organization skills.
6. Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently.
7. Valid driver's license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
- Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Depending on assigned department, physical requirements may vary in severity.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Enjoy a casual-dress atmosphere while taking advantage of a challenging and rewarding work environment. Our internship program starts your career and encourages you to set meaningful goals and objectives while you are with us. You will meet with key leaders, job shadow, make presentations and have fun along the way!
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.