Posted in Other 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Old Westbury, New York
# of Openings
Building and Grounds Cleaning and Maintenance
New York Institute of Technology offers 90 undergraduate, graduate, and professional degree programs in more than 50 fields of study, including computer science, data, and cybersecurity; biology and biomedical studies; architecture and design; engineering; health professions and medicine; IT and digital technologies; management; communications and marketing; education and counseling; and energy and sustainability. A nonprofit, independent, private, and nonsectarian institute of higher education, it welcomes more than 9,000 students worldwide. The university has campuses in New York City and Long Island, New York; Jonesboro, Arkansas; and Vancouver, British Columbia, as well as programs around the world.
New York Tech embraces its mission to provide career-oriented professional education, give all qualified students access to opportunity, and support research and scholarship that benefits the larger world. More than 100,000 alumni comprise an engaged network of doers, makers, and innovators prepared change the world, solve 21st-century challenges, and reinvent the future.
For more information, visit nyit.edu.
New York Tech's Long Island campus seeks a Cleaner for the night shift working Monday- Friday 5:00pm to 1:00am.
Clean buildings - tasks include trash and recycling, bottle/paper removal.
- Manually sweeping and mopping surfaces.
- Manually and mechanically scrubbing, stripping, waxing, vacuuming, extracting, shampooing, dusting, polishing and buffing surfaces.
- Cleaning light fixtures.
- Foaming showers and rest rooms.
- Properly selecting and mixing cleaning chemicals.
- Sanitizing and disinfecting surfaces and fixtures, etc. using auto scrubbers, buffers, vacuum cleaners, power washers, carpet extractors and hand tools.
- May be required to restock bathroom supplies.
- Must take direction from NYIT Administration, Management and supervisory teams in a timely and professional manner.
- May be requested to complete Facilities condition assessments/inspections on an optional basis to ensure conditions are communicated through the University/Department
Previous professional cleaning industry experience required.
Must hold a valid driver's license.
Required to adhere to NYIT policies and procedures, including and not limited to time and attendance requirements and policies pertaining to the use of NYIT-issued uniforms.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds, bend, stoop, climb a six (6) foot ladder and work near/in confined spaces and storage rooms.
Please submit cover letter & resume for consideration
New York Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity