Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Edison, New Jersey
Patient Care Technician, General Rehab
1 East Rehab
Part-time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
11 p.m. - 7 a.m.
Every Other Weekend
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
Four of 6
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
JFK Johnson Rehabilitation Institute (JRI) is a major component of JFK one of the most comprehensive health care networks in New Jersey . Licensed by the state of New Jersey as a Comprehensive Rehabilitation Hospital, the Johnson Rehabilitation Institute is accredited by both the Joint Commission and Committee on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) in the Inpatient Rehabilitation Adult Program, Inpatient Rehabilitation Adult Brain Injury Specialty Program, Stroke Specialty Program, Interdisciplinary Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Adult Brain Injury Specialty Program, and Comprehensive Vocational Evaluation Services. JFK Johnson offers 94 inpatient beds in a separately licensed hospital that is attached to JFK Medical Center
As a leader in rehabilitative care, JFK Johnson's team of professionals works with the patient and family to set short- and long-term treatment goals for recovery. In order to meet the unique needs of patients recovering from an orthopedic condition, we have specially trained staff to manage the physical and emotional needs of each patientThe program offers a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to rehabilitation with the goal of helping the individual to return to the highest level of function and independence.
Johnson Rehabilitation Institute is nationally ranked by US NEWS AND WORLD REPORT. Learn more at https://jfkjohnson.org/
A day in the life of Patient Care Technician at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
Welcomes patients and checks for proper identification bracelets.
- Prepares the patient for assessment/admission, physical examination and procedures.
- Performs phlebotomy and EKG as directed.
- Assures the presence, functionality and cleanliness of all necessary equipment.
- Assists in the transport of patient to departments or units upon request.
- Assists with preparation as necessary assuring the patient is assisted with meals/ or fed as needed.
- Ensures room environment is prepared for admission.
- Provides direct hygiene and comfort care to patients including bathing, toileting, oral hygiene, incontinent care, and bed making.
- Takes vital signs on admission under the direction of the RN, and documents accordingly on appropriate flow sheets, and notifies the RN of results, assists with admission as appropriate inclusive of checking of patient ID bands.
- Performs and documents glucose finger sticks and collects other specimens as directed.
- Obtains and documents daily patient weights and observes and documents patient's intake and output.
- Provides a safe patient environment by answering call lights promptly, communicating with the RN immediately for any change ion the patient's condition.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs not limited to (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
- This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.)
- Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 10 lbs. and stands a minimum of 6 hours a day.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of a Certified Nursing Assistant program, Patient Care Technician program, completion of Fundamentals of Nursing program from an accredited school of nursing or enrolled upon hire in the PCT Apprenticeship Program.
- The PCT Apprenticeship Program is structured around a combination of classroom training and preceptorship on a unit. It is designed to train eager and compassionate candidates who are interested in a career in the nursing field. Following successful completion of this program, candidates will advance from a PCT Apprentice to a Patient Care Technician.
- Other requirements:
- To work every other weekend.
- To work three (3) out of six (6) holidays.
- To work rotating schedule/shifts based on needs.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Minimum of 1-2 years prior experience in an acute care setting.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification - BLS.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Certified Nursing Assistant for inpatient care areas, Certified Medical Assistant for outpatient care areas.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.