Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Totowa, New Jersey
Home Health Aide Coord
VHS Shared Staff
VHSNJ at Home LLC
Full Time with Benefits
Standard Hours Per Week
Weekends as Needed
On Call Work
No On-Call Required
No Holidays Required
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Visiting Health Services of New Jersey our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The responsibilities of the Home Health Aide Coordinator includes:
Schedule Aide assignments; support of department, communicate with contracted agencies, clients and family members. Individual must possess effective verbal and written c
Maintain aide record system.
- Perform aspects of aide scheduling and related staff communications under supervision of Administrative Director.
- Communicates with clients and family members, accurately answers questions regarding departmental services.
- Notifies VN of any HHA changes in a timely manner.
- Notifies client and family members of any CHHA changes in a timely manner.
- Communicates with contracted agencies regarding client referrals.
- Maintains daily attendance record of aides; review weekly activity record for adequate and appropriate documentation for third party reimbursement purpose.
- Maintain referrals and billing status changes, logging service dates.
- Employee complies with all Federal, State, local and JCAHO standards, rules and regulations.
- The employee demonstrates competence in the following: As appropriate to the ages of the clients served; the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the clients' needs, the clients' growth and development level and demonstrates an understanding of the range of treatment needed by those patients
- Performs such other duties as may from time-to-time be assigned
- Consults with and keeps Director informed of Home Health Aide activities, needs and problems.
- Receives daily intake of new cases from Hospital discharge planners, Home Health and Hospice associates, physicians, community agencies, and family members.
- Interviews, hires and implements disciplinary process as outlined in personnel handbook.
- Maintains personnel files of all CHHA's, keeping records updated in performance evaluation, and in-service education, competencies, education, meeting State, Federal and Joint Commission guidelinesommunication skills, confidentiality in dealing with others and the ability to work well with those in authority positions.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- High school diploma, clerical or business school desired.
- Clerical, phone communication, and some knowledge of medical terminology.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- Previous scheduling experience preferred
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.
Meridian Health is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and will not discriminate in the recruitment or employment practices on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status and any other category protected by federal or state law.