Posted in Other 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Application Delivery Engineer
At Technica Corporation, our goal is to provide exceptional professional services and innovative technology solutions that meet or exceed our customer's expectations. We specialize in a wide range of advanced information technology solutions from Systems Engineering to Information Assurance, and from Software Development to Product Solutions. From our locations across the DC Metro area, we provide technological subject matter expertise, program management and business process knowledge as a trusted advisor in support of our Department of Defense and other Federal Agency customers.
Technica is looking for an Application Delivery Engineers with work location in Huntsville. The candidate will be part of a Network Engineering team for our Federal customer, providing Application Delivery Engineering support services for a network infrastructure consisting of unclassified, classified, and top-secret networks. The team ensures the availability of a reliable/robust network transport infrastructure that provides data protection for information delivered across strategic, operational and tactical boundaries.
The candidate will be responsible for providing Application Delivery Engineering support services for network development/design, defining the network architecture, network transport technology testing and evaluation, and network implementation/integration of new IT services or modifications of existing services for all network transport enclaves.
Technical support and expertise for operations and administration of F5 Load balancers used across the enterprise in order to provide reliable delivery of critical applications
- Provide mission and business application/tool development, integration, and maintenance
- Focus on designing, developing, integrating, and maintaining applications, tools, services, and other software in order to improve business and mission capabilities and improve application effectiveness. Services include, but are not limited to, implementing enterprise applications services to raise intelligence product quality and expand information sharing; adding, modifying, deleting functionality based on customer requirements; integrating new application architectures; upgrading and depreciating software and support tools as newer versions are released; improving application and tool quality and performance; and migrating legacy applications and tools to enterprise applications and tools to the maximum extent possible
- Provide support to integrate native cloud infrastructure with IC Cloud Infrastructure as a
- Service (IaaS) capabilities (including contract cloud services), and the delivery and
- management of Government-specific IaaS to the users to provision processing, storage,
- networks, and other fundamental computing resources where the user is able to deploy and
- run mission specific software, including operating systems and applications.
- Design, develop, integrate, and maintain applications, tools, services, and other software in order to improve business and mission capabilities and improve application effectiveness.
- Active TS clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor's degree in technology related field (BS/BA) or 5 year's equivalent experience or subject matter expertise in network engineering
- Network certifications such as: CCNA CCNP.
- 5+ years of relevant information technology/telecom network experience in classified and unclassified ( DOD and/or other Intelligence Community environments preferred)
- Working knowledge of VMware; VM management and provisioning; Vblock technology a plus
- History of understanding, supporting, and troubleshooting application level systems, communications and performance issues in cloud in a multi-tiered architecture
- Understandsecurity concepts and automate regular patches
- Understand of storage and its relationship to application performance and application management
- Experience with Application Monitoring (APM), metrics and reporting
- Advanced level technical skills in SMTP, SMPP, and SIP
- Experience in Mobile Delivery and Push notifications
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytics skills
- Experience in SIP protocols, Cisco Call Manager, and IP Telephony a plus, but not a requirement
- Knowledge of Cisco and Juniper Network Transport Routers and Switches and Identity Service Engine (ISE) appliances, Network Firewalls, Type 1 encryptors, WAN optimization devices, Load Balancers, HP, TACLANES, , Remedy ITSM technologies, and VMware
- CCIE, JNCIE
- Knowledge of Agile management practices
- Experience supporting a large enterprise environment
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is Technica's policy to affirmatively support Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all qualified individuals without regard to color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, race, disability, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy covers all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, hiring, compensation, assignment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, employment longevity, retirement, employee benefits and termination.
Technica's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.