Posted in Other 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Palo Alto, California
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we're passionate about building software that solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join us.
As the Accounting Manager, you will own the outcomes of the month-end close process, including journal entries, reconciliations and consolidations. You will create accounting policies and procedures and prepare, analyze and interpret financial data within the greater context of the business. You will also constantly strive to improve the financial reporting process while maintaining a high level of attention to detail. In this role you will mentor team members and review reconciliations, journal entries, transactions and financials.Core Responsibilities
- Run the monthly global financial close process and continue building a robust and scalable control environment around the financial close process.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements to accelerate close and reporting timelines; automate manual procedures and computations.
- Ensure reported numbers are prepared on time and are presented accurately. Understand the underlying transactions of the business. Assist in monthly budget variance analysis.
- Plan, develop and implement effective accounting strategies, policies and procedures in accordance with evolving regulations, legal and governmental requirements and industry trends which may impact the company.
- Own the financial audit process, including preparation of materials for the financial statement audit and coordination with the external audit team.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and integrity of financial data.What We Value
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- 8+ years of working experience within a large public accounting firm and industry experience (CPA preferred). Experience at a public company and/or with enterprise software is also a plus.
- Experience with general ledger accounting, financial reporting, SOX compliance and consolidations, as well as proficiency with accounting systems.
- Foreign subsidiary and consolidations accounting experience.
- Knowledge of ASC 830 - Foreign Currency Matters
- A ]desire to challenge the status quo to improve and streamline processes for increased efficiency and scale.
- Strong attention to detail, project management skills, and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information..