Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ooltewah, Tennessee
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading, PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored DC power products.We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring all employees possess the following core competencies: customer focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication skills, and works safely.
This position will be focusing primarily on our Reserve Power applications, which include telecommunications, IT, uninterruptible power supplies (UPS), utilities and switchgear, security, emergency lighting and general electronics. Some of the reserve power brands include PowerSafe,DataSafe, and Genesis. Our extensive product range serves a variety of reserve power applications and consistently delivers the most effective, powerful and reliable batteries available.
Provide maintenance support to ensure continuous line production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operation and daily maintenance of forklift
- Maintenance of equipment
- Completion of scheduled preventive maintenance
- Perform repairs on production equipment
- Monitor equipment
- Analyze problems and proficiently solve them related to the plants needs.
- No supervisory responsibilities for this role.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Ability to do basic math.
- Ability to read, write, and understand the local language.
- Possess a valid forklift driver's license.
- Vocational Technical Education Certificate Facility Maintenance
- Functional competence with: Machining, Centrifugal, Piston, and Diaphragm Pumps, Hydraulic and Pneumatic pumps and control systems, Heating Ventilation Cooling, All facets of construction, Pipefitting, Welding and assembly, Electrical Controls Diagnostic Ability, Mold and Die maintenance
General Job Requirements
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
- Must be able and willing to work varying schedules which may include nights, weekends, and public holidays.
- This position is exposed to harmful materials such as lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure everyones safety.
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or crouch.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds/11.5 kilos on occasions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. EEO/M/F/Vets/Disabled
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination