Assist warehousing activities by performing the following duties personally, by assigning tasks, or through supervisor. Direction for this position is given by the supervisor with limits set; does not include hiring, firing, or discipline. 1st shift hours 6:00am-2:30pm.
• Assist with training of new employees, assist with assigning tasks, responsible for department operations in supervisor's absence.
• Load and unload freight using electric and LP forklift trucks or hand pallet jacks.
• Receive inventory by visually comparing stock and quantity against a receiving document.
• Store stock in picking and reserve locations using both hand and powered material handling equipment.
• Physically count and verify stock in picking and reserve locations, and count bulk items using a counting scale. Verify salability of stock when processing new tool returns.
• Process customer orders by picking stock from pick locations, visually verifying stock number and quantity against a picking document.
• Pack stock into shipping cartons.
• Operate Hand Bander, Stretch Wrap Machine, computerized UPS machines, computer terminals, etc.
• Must be a Snap-on Distribution Associate for at least 6 months.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read and write.
• Basic math aptitude.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to lift 35 pounds.
• Ability to use computer terminal.
• Must be self-motivated, conscientious, flexible, and dependable.
• Must have integrity, good judgment, commitment, innovation, and leadership.
• Prefer prior warehousing, material handling, shipping/receiving and forklift experience.