For almost 200 years, PQ Corporation has envisioned the future of performance materials, chemicals and catalysts through collaborative innovation, making products that touch all of us, every day.
- Cleaner Emissions - Our Catalysts and Refining Services products and solutions help companies produce vehicles with improved fuel efficiency and cleaner emissions.
- Safer Travels - We produce highly engineered Performance Materials that help make highways and airports safer for drivers, pedestrians, pilots and passengers
- Better Care - Our products are critical ingredients in consumer applications that help make teeth brighter and skin softer
- Carbon-Free - With inorganic and carbon-free products, we contribute to improving the sustainability of our planet.
We are a leading global provider of specialty catalysts, materials, chemicals, and services that enable environmental improvements, enhance consumer products, and increase personal safety.
We are searching for a Logistics Analyst to be based in our Malvern, PA offices.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to the following:
Oracle Transportation Management
- Update Carrier's rates in OTM using .csv files generated from Master Rate Access File.
- Setup and maintain automated Carrier Dispatch within OTM using Carrier Dispatch Access File to generate .csv files for upload
- Train carriers on OTM Dispatch functions, reset carrier passwords when necessary
- Train and assist plant personnel with OTM issues
- Review SAP Unrated Report daily, troubleshoot why shipments were not rated, and make necessary corrections
- Setup Carriers in SAP and Oracle.
- Rate any spot quotes/multi stop shipments that may arise
Williams and Associates (3rd Party Freight Payer)
- Process invoices
- Audit and approve freight bills
- Troubleshoot issues/discrepancies with invoices
- Make sure all carrier accounts are up to date
- Participate in regularly scheduled SNOP calls to understand any plant or business issues related to Logistics
- Maintain relationships with motor carriers and assist plants in finding carriers to cover loads when needed
Hazardous Materials Regulations
- Become "subject matter expert" with issues related to compliance with USDOT regulations
- Review and update training materials as necessary
- Deliver training program to plant personnel on site. (normally on a three year interval)
- Maintain training records for all plants.
- Provide guidance to plants regarding steps necessary to achieve compliance for non-standard shipments
- Provide rate quotations to Sales or Customer Service by obtain quotations from carriers when rates have not been previously established. Load new rates into OTM for future use.
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, Business Administration, or related major.
- 5 years preferably in a Truckload / Intermodal /Flatbed and Van, on a national scale
- Rail experience is a nice plus
- Intermediate level Microsoft Office, to include Excel, PowerPoint, and Access
- Experience with SAP and OTM preferred.
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness and aptitude for learning
- Excellent communications skills
- Travel 1 - 2 days per month.