Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cary, North Carolina
We are seeking a Senior Production Support/DevOps Engineer to join our team.
In this role, you will design and implement technical solutions to ensure high availability systems for our global team. You will take full ownership of production platforms and environments and ensure stability, expeditious and timely resolution of issues, and minimal downtime for business continuity. You will also leverage your extensive scripting/programming skills in order to implement automation to improve overall processes and mitigate future downtime issues.
* 7+ years of experience in software development and/or production support required.
* Strong understanding of scripting including Python, Shell and Java
* Strong understanding of messaging middleware like Solace, MQ, JMS, and/or TIBCO.
* Experience with monitoring tools like Geneos, AppDynamics, ServiceNow or comparable tool.
* Strong knowledge of RDBMS and troubleshooting such systems using grasp of SQL Scripting and Oracle databases.
* Experience working with big data technologies like Hive, Spark, Impala, etc. are preferred
* Strong understanding of Linux/Unix, and Windows.
* Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef, and Puppet.
* Experience with OpenShift or other cloud platforms preferred
* Prior development experinece in Java/Python preferred
* Strong communication skills
* Willingness to work on an on-call rotation
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) will consider for employment all qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, and an arrest or conviction will not automatically disqualify a qualified applicant from consideration from employment.