Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com.
Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Draper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Security Coordinator will assist the special program security team in its day-to-day operations. The incumbent will work closely with CPSO/CSSOs to work toward common goals, being responsible for completing individual tasks and contributing in group tasks as a team member. The Security Coordinator should expect to:
* Develop a working knowledge of DoD and IC security requirements
* Assist the security staff with PERSEC actions (e.g., prepare, transmit, and track Program Access Requests (PARs), Foreign Travel/Foreign Contact reporting, assist with Administrative Inquiries, security refresher training, visit requests, etc.)
* Assist the security staff with PHYSEC actions (e.g., preparing facility accreditations, updating Fixed Facility Checklists, self-inspections, document control and classified shipping, etc.)
* Attend appropriate Industrial Security professionalization training (on-line and/or in-person)
* Provide escorting duties
* Respond to after-hours alarms
This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
* Education: High school diploma and 2-4 years of related work experience, a college degree in a related field (e.g., Criminal Justice, Security Administration, Homeland Security, etc.), or related military experience
* Skills: Superior written and verbal communication, proficient with MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, etc.)
* Abilities: Dependable, punctual, and positive attitude
* Previous experience using SIMS, JPAS, or Scattered Castles
* Previous experience in developing, coordinating, and delivering briefings
* Previous experience working in classified environments
* Previous experience with a security role in the National Industrial Security Program
* Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a government security Government security clearance and provide proof of US citizenship.
* Current in scope Top Secret security clearance required with ability to receive and maintain special program accesses.