Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Kenosha, Wisconsin
OCEAN SPRAY BELIEVES THAT OUR EMPLOYEES ARE OUR BEST ASSET AND WE OFFER AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE YOU CAN WORK WITH EXCEPTIONALLY SMART, INNOVATIVE, PASSIONATE TEAMS THAT ARE MOTIVATED TO DELIVER OCEAN SPRAY PRODUCTS AROUND THE WORLD.
PLANT OPERATIONS MANAGER
Ocean Spray is looking for a dynamic, creative, collaborative and results driven Plant Operations Manager to lead the operations department at our Kenosha, WI facility. This individual will direct and manage all plant operations (blending, production & on-line quality); facilitate the maximization of resources (human and automated) to achieve customer satisfaction, productivity, schedule adherence and economic goals.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF AN OPERATIONS MANAGER:
* Direct, coordinate and facilitate the daily activities of direct reports to ensure the achievement of production goals and customer expectations in a safe, timely, cost-effective manner.
* Ensure standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology is used to maximize production. Ensure fixed assets are preserved. Initiates recommendations on purchases of new equipment and production assets.
* Develop departmental budget, monitor plant spending, and report on operating costs within functional areas. Alert management of cost and labor over run, makes recommendations and implement solutions to problems related to same.
* Work effectively with plant functional managers to develop and maintain a positive employee relations environment. Advise management team on labor issues including safety, security, employee relations, scheduling, training, grievances and the like. Ensure direct reports are adhering to company policy and administering practices in fair and equitable manner.
* Work with Human Resources to hire, train, develop, and appraise staff effectively. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
* Serve as key member of the plant leadership team in developing the plant s strategic direction, establishing priorities and allocating resources.
* Works in conjunction with EHS to ensure that environmental compliance activities and requirements are met.
* Influences all staff to report food safety issues to personnel with authority to initiate immediate corrective actions.
* Will assume responsibilities as designated to provide coverage in the absence of key personnel.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
* BS/BA in business administration, industrial engineering or related major or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 5 to 10 years of experience in management/supervisory role in manufacturing plants in the food/beverage industry. Works well with management, peers and subordinates.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Good computer skills.
* Excellent understanding of manufacturing operations.
* Strong ability to influence, provide leadership, work in a team environment or independently.
* Able to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
* Good facilitation/training skills.
* Ability to travel as needed.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.