Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Controller Salt Lake City
Reporting to: Factory Manager
Location: Salt Lake City
The Seals Business Unit is responsible for the development, design and manufacturing of sealing applications. The Business Unit operates in many countries and markets, with a customer portfolio that includes all major automotive, industrial, OE manufacturers and industrial distribution market. Our business is customer focused, with a mix of highly engineered solutions and products specifically designed for industrial seal applications. The Salt Lake City, UT USA location has over 350 employees responsible for production of seals, using flexible molding and machining processes. As part of the Factory Management Team, the Controller is responsible for cost and internal control and for performing financial analysis to allow management to make appropriate financial decisions. The Controller will partner with the Factory Manager and Management team to ensure that decisions are being made with the best available data and facts. The Controller will be responsible for cost management, annual planning, forecasts, monthly variance analysis, capital
expenditure requests and standard cost calculation according to SKF policies.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Identify / initiate actions to improve profitability (e.g. cost down initiatives, operations restructuring, financial analysis and modeling)
* Coordinate the annual planning process to ensure development of realistic plans focused on continuous improvement and supported by action plans to assure successful achievement of planned results.
* Drive activities to achieve expected results. Continuously analyze results and monitor variances, identify risks and opportunities and initiate proactive and corrective actions.
* Responsible for calculation of Standard Cost according to SKF Policies
* Working capital management (focus on inventory and accounts payables)
* Preparation of accurate forecasts including in-depth analyses, identifying corrective actions
* Partner with Factory Management to produce timely financial analysis and key performance indicators (KPI's) to maximize plant performance.
* Active participant in all Continuous Improvement Initiatives
* Preparation of Plant Capital expenditure requests (IRE's), i.e. provide the financial analysis and the project presentation (together with Factory Management)
* Prepare Ad Hoc analysis and reports as required.
* Month end accrual review and preparation of management reports.
* Responsible together with Operations Manager for SKF Internal Control System (SICS) and ensuring there are no deficiencies in all applicable controls.
* Operate effectively with the SKF USA Finance channels and Business Unit Controlling.
* A bachelor s degree in accounting or similar degree is required.
* MBA or CPA/CM preferred, but is not required
* Minimum five years of experience in a similar role required
* Good knowledge of SKF common financial standards and systems and of the SKF business model
* Experience developing and using Standard Cost
* Demonstrated ability to be proactive, creative, and innovative and use critical and strategic thinking
* Sound analytical, problem identification, and problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze financial data and prepare concise financial reviews to make
* better business decisions
* Strong professional written, verbal communications, and interpersonal skills
* Excellent MS Office skills and a solid understanding of ERP systems.
* Ability to work within and facilitate a team environment
The opportunity for you to work in an innovative and well-equipped professional environment which is part of a large successful company with an excellent reputation. You will join a team of well-motivated colleagues.
We look forward to seeing you develop as a professional who creates a career in SKF and we will support your steps.
Enjoy an excellent compensation package with best in class benefits.
What You ll Love About SKF:
Rest and Relaxation. Enjoy a robust PTO policy and 13 paid holidays!
Work/Life Balance. A possibility for flexibility and to work remote
Health and Wellness Benefits. SKF cares about the wellbeing of our employees. Many options for best in class medical and dental plans to fit your needs; a wellness plan that includes biometric screening and health risk assessment for you and your spouse and incentives for healthy living!
Invest in your Future. SKF offers amazing retirement options! You can participate in our 401K program immediately.
Much more! Growth opportunities, tuition reimbursement, voluntary critical illness coverage, voluntary legal plan, employee assistance program, life insurance, vehicle discount programs, mobile phone discounts, and with so many benefits to working for SKF, we could not name them all!
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may
perform other related duties as necessary to meet the ongoing needs of the
This position is not open for international assignment.
In accordance with SKF Policy, existing employees must have approval from
their current Manager before applying for this position.
Job Type: Full-time