Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Savannah, Georgia
DIRECT THERAPIST / RBT - SAVANNAH, GA
Savannah, GA, USA Req #2987
Thursday, May 21, 2020
May Institute offers a continuum of care that begins with applied behavioral analysis (ABA) services for toddlers newly diagnosed with an ASD, and continues with school consultation, residential placement, special education schools, and adult services to meet the needs of our many clients and their families.
Our mission and vision drive us to understand each person s unique needs and find effective means to help each individual reach his or her potential and live as independently as possible.
We offer a competitive salary, an array of exceptional benefits, flexible scheduling to meet the needs of families, fully paid in-house training, continuing education seminars, internal transfers and promotions, generous time off, and the opportunity to work with national experts in the fields of ASD and other developmental disabilities, brain injury, and behavioral health.
Other terrific opportunities for professional growth and development include:
* A highly collaborative environment and the opportunity to work with teams of BCBA
* Tuition reimbursement and opportunities to participate in graduate programs
* Senior-level clinical support and supervision from doctoral-level BCBAs
* Participation in applied and grant-funded research
* Opportunities to publish and present
* Diverse clinical experiences across age ranges and populations in the community and at our world-class schools and outstanding adult programs
* Ongoing professional development tailored to areas of interest
* Cutting-edge developments in computerized data management systems and technology for communication and language training
* Supervision hours to meet advanced academic requirements
* Generous compensation and great benefits package
* Implement specifically designed programs for our clients with disabilities
* Meet with 2-3 clients per day in 2-3 hour increments during either daytime or afterschool hours depending on program needs
* Meet certain hourly goals each week which will be used to determine your benefit eligibility
* Record data and document how each child responds to their specific program, their behavior and their progress each day and share with supervisor
* Graph data to illustrate child progress over time
* Submit narrative reports of each session and hours worked every day.
* Attend staff meetings as scheduled
* Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
* Minimum of 1 year working with children preferred
* Experience working with children who have developmental disabilities preferred
* Reliable transportation and valid driver's license
* Ability to work well independently and as a team
* Ability to interact with children, i.e. running and implementing physical intervention and strategies when necessary
* Comfortable working with children who display behavior problem
May Institute is an Equal Opportunity employer of qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. May Institute also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of the protected categories.
* Pay Type Hourly