Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
AT&T- is more than entertainment – we are a technology company. The DIRECTV Castle Rock Broadcast Center is seeking an experienced RF Engineer to work at the satellite uplink facility located in Castle Rock, CO.
Within the first 6 months, you will be working toward mastering the technical qualifications required to operate and maintain our earth station antenna fleet. You will work closely with the Technical Operations Center and Satellite Operation to identify problems specific to the transmission of signals to our customers. Our customer satisfaction relies on keeping programming on-air and this can’t be done without you.
Our environment offers the best of both worlds – we are a strong team and rely on each other, but much of the work is performed independently.
• Responsible for providing Tier-3 level critical on-air operational support in a 24x7 Broadcast Environment for the RF-Antenna systems at the Castle Rock Broadcast Facility (CRBC) in Castle Rock, Colorado.
• Responsible for supporting RF-Antenna systems design, implementation, integration & vendor/contractor liaison at the primary and diverse uplink locations.
• Responsible for supporting RF-Antenna Systems Monitor & Control Systems, and TT&C systems
• Assist with planning and managing CAPEX budgets associated with annual spare equipment purchasing & life cycle management.
• Perform Tier-3 level preventive maintenance & calibrations on various RF-Antenna systems/subsystems.
• Support and lead emergency “break fix” activities on various RF-Antenna systems
Specific duties include:
• Assisting in the development, design, and implementation of new systems and/or modification of existing RF-Antenna systems & subsystems.
• Creating and documenting specifications and configurations for new systems, developing modifications for existing systems and functioning as the project/systems engineer on RF broadcast systems integration efforts.
• Assist in the creation of test plans and procedures to perform design verification, acceptance and validation testing on new software/hardware. Specify new requirements for existing software/hardware and work with various internal departments and external vendors to identify and meet new requirements, facilitate system level performance tests and resolve anomalies.
• Evaluate and recommend new products and technologies, improve existing and create new SOPs. Perform all aspects of engineering documentation, including drawings and cable wirelists, and provide direction for the fabrication, manufacture and/or modification, and integration/test of such systems.
• Training and development of Tier 1 and 2 employees relating to uplink systems
• Interface with antenna system vendors on managing replacements for end of life components.
• Requires at least 10 years of professional technical/engineering experience in a broadcast operations environment that includes a strong background in Satellite RF-Antenna systems.
• Must have experience in the design of RF broadcast systems and be able to read/interpret associated signal flow-schematic diagrams.
• Must be able to demonstrate/explain a basic antenna servo system and associated pseudo/mono pulse tracking system.
• Must have experience in performing configuration of and preventive maintenance on antenna positioning & tracking systems A degree (or military equivalent) in RF-Antenna systems/associated engineering or related field is desired.
• Proficiency with RF measurement and test devices such as spectrum analyzers, sweep oscillators, Network Analyzers, power meters, oscilloscopes, etc.
• Proficiency of software programs such as MS Office (VISIO, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) experience with AutoCAD
• Strong mechanical aptitude required.
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills, good oral and written communication skills.
• Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Ability to climb external antenna system ladders and work at heights up to 30 ft.
• Able to operate powered boom lifts.
• Dexterity to work in confined spaces down to 16 cubic ft.
• Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather.
• Must have a valid state driver’s license with no restrictions.
• All candidates must be willing to carry a company provided on-call phone and participate in a cyclic on-call rotation
• Must have a negative pre-employment drug test.
• Criminal and MVR background must meet company hiring criteria.
• The uplink facility is a 24x7 facility and requires the ability to work various shifts, including holidays and overtime as necessary to support the on-air mission.
• Minimal travel via commercial airline required on occasion (<25% travel)