Posted in Hospitality - Hotel 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Adams, New York
Founded in 1958, Great Lakes Cheese is the largest packager of natural cheese in the United States. We are proud to offer our retail, foodservice, and co-pack customers with award-winning natural and processed bulk, shredded, and sliced cheeses.
At Great Lakes Cheese, we believe in the value of values. We are true partners internally and externally, building on a foundation of respect and putting forth our best at every opportunity. This partnership approach has driven our tremendous growth and earned us awards such as the #8 Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio.
Our Employee Stock Ownership Plan makes every employee an owner. GLC Owners are problem solvers - they look for opportunities to help and take action. Our Owners are passionate about their work and eagerly advance their knowledge and capabilities. Most importantly, they act with integrity. At Great Lakes Cheese, we do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do.
Join our Great Lakes Cheese family and own a piece of the action.
The Sanitation Worker-Housekeeping provides basic janitorial duties in the offices, restrooms and break areas.
• Clean, mop, and vacuum rest areas, restrooms, water fountains, entrances and compactors and offices on a daily basis.
• Refill paper goods, hand soaps/sanitizers as needed.
• Restock Production supply cabinets.
• Ensure cleanliness of all other plant areas as assigned.
• Ensures exterior grounds are kept free of litter and other debris.
• All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
• All GLC employees are expected to produce our products in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education and Experience
• High School diploma or GED.
• General understanding of manufacturing processes and related equipment.
• Ability to make decisions based on standard practices.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, troubleshoot and problem solve.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Ability to promote and model teamwork.
• Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
• Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder and pushing/pulling/carrying.
• Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, and/or safety glasses may be required.
• Product weight: up to 50 lbs.
EEOC & Disclaimer
Great Lakes Cheese is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.