Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper’s BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and O the Oprah Magazine. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we’re more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels - print, digital, video and social – with sophisticated content creation, distribution and data capabilities. We create, package and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
ShopBAZAAR is looking for an Associate E-Commerce Director to execute e-commerce strategy, identify and build new technology for e-commerce projects and run business operations to support a multi-brand luxury marketplace site. Reporting to the Executive Director of E-Commerce, you will use your experience in e-commerce operations and technology to develop technology and partnerships that drive e-commerce revenue growth within Hearst. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the most passionate and creative team members in the entire industry. ShopBAZAAR is a unique hybrid of content and commerce; leveraging 153 years of Harper’s BAZAAR editorial authority, our team works closely with boutique marketplace retail partners and 20+ affiliate partners to bring consumers the very best products every season.
What you’ll do
· Collaborate with executive director to create quarterly e-commerce strategy plans to ensure all projects support The Fashion Group overall business goals, continuously working to improve profitability and growth of website traffic, conversion rates and revenue
· Leverage A/B testing and business analytics to inform content and partnership strategies
· Research industry trends to identify opportunities to push the business forward and exceed financial targets
· Manage ShopBAZAAR site UX, technical roadmap and back-end operations with third party web developer and proprietary site technical platform
· Identify, troubleshoot, and escalate site and usability issues across devices and see through issues to resolution
· Create and manage timelines for new e-commerce projects, utilizing new technology and partnering with internal teams to execute successfully
· Partner with editorial team to execute content campaigns, supporting initiatives to ensure timely content production across all channels (email, site, ad campaigns)
· Oversee digital marketing channels and campaigns, including email campaigns, paid social, paid search, and affiliate marketing initiatives. Manage relationships with digital marketing third parties and internal partners to optimize budget spend across channels
· Utilize multiple third-party platforms to report on traffic, revenue and marketing
· Own technical and operational partnerships with ShopBAZAAR retail partners; managing onboarding, training, data management, retention, and operational workflows for fulfillment and sales
· Manage 2-4 team members to run customer service, web production, technical implementation of new functionalities and fulfillment support
Who you are
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years relevant experience in an e-commerce role managing back-end operations
· Experience with Magento 2, Shopify, or other e-commerce platforms
· Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, with experience utilizing reporting platforms for business insights to shape strategy
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Proven multi-tasker with ability to manage several projects simultaneously under tight deadlines and accommodate rapid changes
· Strong attention to detail
· A flexible, approachable attitude with creative problem-solving skills and collaborative approach to challenges
· A keen interest and understanding of fashion and luxury in a retail environment
· Experience managing a large email subscriber list with ability to build advanced segmentation and email flows
· Experience working on a multi-brand marketplace e-commerce site a plus
· Experience with third party marketing and analytics platforms (Listrak, Google Analytics, Facebook Advertising, Google Adwords, Rakuten). Business intelligence platform experience a plus
· Proficient in all Microsoft programs with a strong emphasis on Excel
· Experience evaluating and migrating tech platforms a plus