Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Columbia, Maryland
Senior Transportation Data Analyst / Analysis Team Lead
Energetics is seeking applicants for Senior Transportation Data Analyst / Analysis Team Lead for immediate full-time employment for qualified candidates with expertise in the vehicle transportation field. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute innovative analysis skills to the transportation technology consulting field in the areas of: 1) vehicle transportation electrification, 2) connected and automated vehicles, and 3) alternative fuel vehicle technologies. Qualified candidates will have an advanced degree in an engineering or relevant scientific field. Academia, industry, or national laboratory R&D experience is desired. Leadership experience in an R&D environment is a plus. The position is located in Energetics Columbia, MD office, with occasional travel to attend technical meetings (e.g., Washington, DC).
Energetics is currently recruiting applicants with the following expertise:
Transportation Systems Analysis
* Energy sector, specifically transportation with an emphasis on on-road vehicle applications
* Analytical model design, development, and execution (e.g. consumer choice, cost-benefit, and lifecycle)
* Data analysis, results summarization, data visualization (e.g., Python, R, PowerBI, and Excel)
Familiarity with the following is desired (ordered by priority):
Light-, Medium-, and Heavy-Duty Engines and Vehicles
* Advanced vehicle technologies and applications for energy/transportation system efficiency and/or emissions reduction
* Vehicle powertrain electrification and charging infrastructure
* Connected and automated vehicle technologies, use cases, and near-term priority applications
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned):
* Advanced data analysis, and modeling of energy forecasting, cost-benefit analysis, lifecycle cost analysis. Consumer choice modeling experience is highly-desired.
* Work in coordination with a team of senior and junior data analysts. Assign/manage tasking assignments for up to 3 data analysts. Project management experience is desired, but not required.
* Assess trends and technical factors related to transportation technology adoption and energy use, including review of relevant regulations and policies impacting the development and deployment of innovate technology
* Develop/perform studies, reports, and summaries on transportation technology trends
* Assess research needs and support roadmap development for transportation technologies development and deployment
* Development and coordination of data collection plans; formulation and execution of analyses approaches; synthesis and dissemination of key findings to clients
* Advanced (Master s or PhD) technical degree in a related engineering or scientific field
* At least 5 years of relevant experience in the transportation field (can include advanced degree and relevant work experience)
* Candidates should have excellent understanding of transportation technologies, the science behind them, and the technical challenges for deployment in today s market
* Advanced analytic and data visualization
* Demonstrated experience in program and project management are a plus.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced Excel skills preferable
* Excellent communication skills (verbal, interpersonal, and written)
* Excellent organization and time management skills
* Ability to effectively self-manage multiple tasks
* Ability to work within a diverse team
* Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities
* Comfortable multitasking on time-sensitive tasks without diminished quality of work
* Strong interest in the transportation and energy fields
U.S. citizenship is required to meet federal contract requirements.
We are proud to be an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States..
Akimeka is proud to be an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability employer!