Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Our agile industrial team specializes in designing efficient facilities that optimize our clients bottom line.
We are looking for a Electrical Designer to join our Charlotte or Nashville office!
* Design electrical components or systems.
* Assist in the development of electrical design scope, schedule, budget, phasing, and explore site issues and design review issues.
* Provide leadership and assign electrical design job functions to designated designers and supervise their efforts.
* Produce contract documents including drawings and specifications, review designs, proposals, shop drawings and contractor comments for sound electrical engineering practice and conformance with established safety and design criteria.
* Perform calculations and complete layouts and arrangements.
* Devise work plans.
* Research codes, equipment and construction methods.
* Prepare project cost and schedule estimates.
* Assist in determining, analyzing and interpreting clients needs and requirements.
* Visit construction sites to observe existing conditions to obtain design information and identify solutions to problems that may arise during construction.
* Conduct inspections for quality control and assurance programs and report findings and recommendations.
* Provide technical assistance when problems are encountered before, during, and after construction.
* Collaborate with others to identify, define, and solve design issues.
* Estimate discipline man-hours required to complete the design requirements of a project.
* Provide leadership and assign electrical design job functions to designated designers and supervise their efforts in completing the project on time and within budget.
* Implement electrical system types and provide complete construction documents that match the client and project team s requirements.
* Review preliminary and final electrical design with other disciplines for function, clearances, coordination and final design selection.
* Perform a final review of the electrical drawings.
* High school diploma but prefer an Associate s degree in Applied Science/ Electronics, Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent
* Minimum of 8 years experience in the design of electrical systems primarily for industrial and manufacturing facilities
* Previous design and detailing experience using REVIT, AutoCADD, Microstation
* Experience with AGI, ElumTools and/or Visual Lighting Software
* Experience with ETAP
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Strong team player
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GRESHAM SMITH explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITH S hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon receipt.