Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Casper, Wyoming
JOB TITLE: Dietary Aide / Housekeeper - Temporary
REPORTS TO: Manager of Dietary/Housekeeping Services
WBI is an Inpatient Behavioral Health Hospital and residential treatment center in Casper, Wyoming. We have a multi-disciplinary approach to treatment with a focus on psychiatric and behavioral health stabilization for patients of all ages across Wyoming and neighboring states. WBI has numerous Psychiatric clinical, therapy, nursing, OT, tech and support teams who all work together for patient care. We are a fast-paced ever growing Clinical Team and we take pride in being a family-friendly, educational, supportive and welcoming work environment.
POSITION SUMMARY: Works alternately "as needed" as a Dietary Aide or Housekeeper as the need in the hospital may arise and serves to fill in for open shifts, vacations, illness and other special events. Ensures cleanliness of patient rooms and common areas of the hospital as Housekeeper and serves as Cook to prepare, store and serve food as a Cook in the hospital. Both duties are on a Temporary basis and individual will be provided training to serve in both capacities for needed vacancies. Specific duties will vary by assignment day, with separate uniform guidelines and mandatory sanitation required to be undertaken between assignments, but may include:
* Days/Hours assigned to Housekeeping - cleaning, sanitizing, handling linen, dusting, vacuuming, mopping, stocking supplies, cleaning windows, emptying trash inside and outside in order to maintain a safe and therapeutic environment for Wyoming Behavioral Institute's hospital patients. Should be safety conscious and aware of safe lifting, infection control, sanitation and Hospital cleaning protocols (training is provided).
* Days/Hours assigned to Dietary Aide - Serves as Dietary Aide, preparing, delivering, storing and serving food within guidelines set by the hospital. Should be proficient in safe food handling and food storage and temperature maintenance logs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties / Days assigned to Housekeeping
* Perform routine cleaning tasks of patients' rooms, offices and public areas as assigned by supervisor.
* Vacuum, dust, mop, sweep and take out trash.
* Ensure adequate linens are kept in the facility.
* Clean areas with disinfectants.
* Refill supplies (paper products, soap, etc.).
* Keep cleaning supplies and equipment safely stored when not in use and away from patient access when in use.
* Comply with established measures for infection control, OSHA regulations and Safety/Risk Management plans, policies and procedures.
* Moving of furniture (beds, tables, dressers, chairs, desks, etc.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential Duties / Days assigned to Dietary/Cook
* Comply with facility and departmental policies and procedures regarding food services offered.
* Serves as Cook in following menus and recipes as provided by the Food service Manager and Dietitian per prescribed menu and according to posted meal schedule.
* Prepare meals and beverages according to menu cycle providing attention to attractive and tasteful meals
* Accurately prepare food for modified diets, consulting with Director or Dietitian as required.
* Follow posted cleaning schedule and ensure a clean work area and dining room at all times.
* Coordinate tray services for lunch and dinner.
* Document refrigeration and dish machine temperatures according to posted schedule.
* Adhere to standards for food temperatures during cooking, servicing and storage of leftovers.
* Assist in maintaining walk-in freezer and storerooms in orderly fashion, and properly date and label all food items.
* Adhere to appropriate portion control and avoid over production.
* Comply with established guidelines for sanitation and safety.
* Interact with patients in the serving line, offering assistance in the selection of a nutritionally balanced meal.
* Report any equipment malfunction immediately to the Director of Dietary Services or Plan Services.
* Responsible for turning off all equipment, inspecting the kitchen for cleanliness and locking the department at scheduled times.
* Assist in assuring a safe and risk preventive environment.
* Report any situations that may affect the health and well being of patients or employees.
* Use time constructively and in an organized manner to accomplish assigned responsibilities.
* Assists in any emergencies that may arise.
* Demonstrates commitment to service and contributes to a positive environment.
* Protects confidentiality of patients and peers.
* Participates in Performance Improvement activities
* Treats patients, families, visitors and peers with respect.
* Demonstrates understanding of patient rights and delivers care in accordance with policies
Duties require sitting, standing, walking, bending, reaching and lifting on a regular basis. Successful candidate must be able to lift up to 50lbs. on a regular basis, bend, stoop, kneel and perform repetitive tasks on a constant basis. Position involves both indoor and outdoor activities, on-site and off-site activities, works with others. Have the ability to handle hazardous/infectious waste (education provided) and observe infection control measures. Be conscious of safe food handling practices and sanitation. Have the ability to communicate verbally, see well enough to read written material and discern a variety of odors continuously. Hours may be irregular, duties variable. The work area is wholly within the designated hospital area. Must be comfortable with patients and families in an acute behavioral health setting. Must have a customer service orientation and willing attitude.
PERSONAL TRAITS, QUALITIES & APPTITUDES:
Demonstrates personal traits/behavior consistent with the values of Wyoming Behavioral Institute. Must be self-directed/self-motivated; must have good communication and interpersonal skills; must be flexible. Must be able to: (1) perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure; (2) work independently; (3) recognize the rights and responsibilities of patient confidentiality; (4) related to others in a manner which creates a sense of teamwork and cooperation; (5) communicate effectively with people from every socioeconomic, cultural and educational background; (6) exhibit flexibility and cope effectively in an ever-changing, fast-paced healthcare environment; (7) demonstrate the quality work ethic of doing the right thing the right way; and (8) maintain a customer focus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES REQUIRED:
Minimum qualifications: Must have 1-2 years of housekeeping or Cooking/Dietary experience, preferably in an inpatient hospital or acute care setting. Must be familiar with infection control procedures, Sanitation and protocol as well as safe food handling practices. Must be twenty-one (21) years of age. Prefer candidates with a high school diploma or GED equivalent but will consider qualified candidates who do not have completion of HS or GED. Applicants must be in good mental health and good physical condition and be willing and comfortable working with psychiatric patients (training is provided).
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.