Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Jose, California
ALLIANT INSURANCE SERVICES CAREERS
CLAIMS ADVOCATE - LEAD - COMMERCIAL P&C INSURANCE
Claims San Jose, California
With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. As one of the 10 largest insurance brokerage firms in the U.S., Alliant operates through a national network of offices providing property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to clients nationwide.
More information is available on the company's web site at: www.alliant.com.
Responsible for providing adequate coverage/policy interpretation on medium to large complex claims. Substantial direct client contact involved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages claims status and prompts various parties, broker, staff, client and adjuster to take next step; including prepayment, partial payment, gather information, work with subrogation contacts.
* Partners with client legal counsel on coverage, claims and strategy for settlement;
* Manages primarily medium to large, complex claims;
* Manages and oversees claims data in database including claims updates, running claims runs, analyzing claims information and preparing information for underwriting and/or client review;
* Prepares coverage arguments for client advocacy and form coverage positions as client advocate;
* Provides adequate coverage/policy interpretation for large property and casualty claims;
* Prepares and analyzes loss valuations;
* Attends claims meetings with clients, carriers, legal counsel and adjusters to review claim status, resolve and settle issues;
* Provides follow-up calls, written correspondence and keep records of all work done on behalf of our clients;
* Partners with client on case preparation and support as needed;
* Uses negotiation skills to provide best possible outcome for clients as needed;
* Builds and establishes strong relationships with carriers, adjusters and clients;
* Develops training materials with a client and service team perspective for coverage reviews, loss reporting procedures, claims guidelines in handling various situations;
* Delivers claims training in person and in client workspace as needed;
* Complies with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information);
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
8 - 10 years related work experience, brokerage or carrier experience
Possession of CPCU, AIC and/or ARM preferred
Valid Fire and Casualty Broker Agent license
In depth knowledge of all commonly encountered P&C insurance coverage and Risk Management concepts and techniques
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Great leadership, problem solving and time management skills
Advanced analytical skills
Excellent planning, organizational and prioritization skills
Ability to interface with executives internal and external
Ability and motivation to work independently
Proficient in Microsoft Office products
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
For immediate consideration for this position, please click on the Submit Resume button.
Alliant Insurance Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
If you are applying for a job and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call our Career Center at 1-877-901-9473 and let us know the nature of your request and contact information.
LinkedIn Facebook Twitter Email
Apply Back to Current Openings
Powered by Jobvite
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.