Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Antonio, Texas
ECS is seeking a CHCS Migration Specialist to work in our San Antonio, TX office.
The qualified CHCS migration specialist will be responsible for providing remote support in the migration of CHCS MRV, printers, and medical devices. The CHCS migration specialist may also be required to provide surge support for a variety of remote and/or onsite migration tasks including, but not limited to, active directory support, domain migration support, and general troubleshooting. They will also be responsible for collaborating with various entities within the program to complete certain tasks in support of preparing the location for change from legacy medical computing environments to the joint Defense Health Agency network.
The CHCS migration specialist will be involved in various aspects of the migration process from start to finish as well as any additional needs within the project. The ideal candidate will develop solutions to increasingly complex problems, utilizing ingenuity, thoroughness, and practicality; and perform their work with minimal direction or oversight. The candidate must understand how their tasks fit within the overall program objectives and perform their work accordingly. The selected candidate will be expected to engage with program leadership, external business partners and customers, as required to provide technical information regarding the program.
* Remote migration support for CHCS MRVs, printers, and medical devices at CONUS/OCONUS MTFs
* Troubleshoot network printers, network firewalls, network servers, and other networked systems.
* Troubleshoot and resolve computer and other IT equipment problems and malfunctions.
* Assist in setting-up and upgrading computer systems for end users.
* Assist in troubleshooting LAN/WAN connectivity issues.
* Provide end user application training as needed.
* Provide IT support and service to end users.
* Ensure all IT systems are working efficiently and optimally.
* Must be able to lift 35lbs regularly
* Must be able to move about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
Workdays: Monday Friday with frequent weekend and after-hours support.
Travel - 0%-15% (Domestic and International)
* Active Secret clearance
* 8+ years of information system experience
* Current DoD 8570 certifications
* Strong knowledge of Composite Health Care System (CHCS)
* A fundamental understanding of TCP/IP, Ports, Protocols and Services (PPS), IT troubleshooting, PXE, basic networking, and IT tools/utilities (e.g., PING, IPCONFIG, IFCONFIG, RDP, SSH, RDP, Telnet, etc.).
* Have experience troubleshooting, diagnosing, and fixing problems throughout Active Directory.
* Be able to automate tasks using scripts using one or more of the following PowerShell, VBS, WSUS, SCCM, etc.
* Have experience with enterprise Microsoft domain migrations.
* Have experience with one or more of the following:
* DHCP Servers/Client access
* Domain Controller(s)
* Print Servers/Client access
* DNS Servers/Client access
* System Integration
* Bachelor\'s Degree in a relevant technical field
* Industry leading certifications (Vmware, NetApp, Cisco, Microsoft, etc.)
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.