Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Erie, Pennsylvania
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Urick DuctileSolutions is a ductile iron foundry located in Erie, PA, producing a widevariety of high quality castings for various markets. We are pursuing improvements to our shopmaintenance coordination, with a goal of reducing equipment downtime. The Maintenance Planner will set up andadminister our CMMS system including the processing of maintenance requests andoptimization of our PM program. Thisindividual will also order and organize the inventory of repair parts and shopsupplies. This will require a closeworking relationship with maintenance and other shop floor personnel.
Essential Functions:Essential Functions:
· Configureand launch a new CMMS system. Identifythe required data and parameters, and work with the team to acquire allnecessary inputs. Train all maintenanceand plant personnel as required to support the launch and use of the system.
· Processall maintenance requests upon receipt. Order repair parts as necessary. Work with maintenance supervision to assign responsibilities andpriorities. Ensure all open maintenancerequests remain listed and prioritized until completion.
· CoordinatePM activity through the maintenance personnel. Ensure PM’s remain organized and completed per the requiredschedule. Track the completion of PMactivity. Proactively identifyadditional PM tasks required to minimize machine downtime.
· Directlyresponsible for the ordering and organization of repair parts. Ensure all repair parts are ordered in atimely fashion to address open issues. Maintain a reasonable inventory of required spare parts. Ensure the spare parts inventory remainsorganized physically and in the computer system.
· Directlyresponsible for the ordering and organization of shop supplies. Work with shop personnel to ensure that shopsupplies are ordered and organized as needed to maintain a reasonable inventoryof each. This includes oversight of theFastenal VMI program.
· Trackequipment downtime to identify reoccurring issues, and work with maintenanceand engineering personnel to identify and pursue permanent resolution.
· Provideback-up maintenance supervision when needed.
Skills & Abilities:
· Reasonableknowledge of mechanical and electrical functions of plant manufacturingequipment
· Strongcomputer skills and savvy including Microsoft Excel and Word. Past experience with CMMS and/or ERP systemsis preferable.
· Strongorganization skills with proven abilities in project management
· Abilityto organize and respect peer employees in a team-oriented environment
· Possessesa genuine passion and enthusiasm for positive maintenance process changes withthe goals of better servicing our customers and improving the welfare of ouremployees
· Willingnessto work “hands-on” in a foundry environment
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manufacturing & Operations