Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Vienna, Virginia
Apply your remote sensing education and experience to help our software products team test, document, and deploy Esri technologies in the defense and intelligence communities that practice photogrammetry and remote sensing. In this role, you will work with development and product engineer leads who are designing and developing engineering solutions, testing, and developing documentation for the products. This is an exciting opportunity to focus on imagery for multiple modalities including HSI, MS, TIR, radar, LiDAR, full motion video, WAMI, and other remotely sensed data.
* Test and document image analysis capability for multiple image modalities
* Test and document industry-leading software solutions for imagery products supporting common defense and intelligence formats such as NITF, TFRD, and MISB compliant video (FMV)
* Support software developers building software for common defense and intelligence applications
* Support software developers who are integrating and testing community analytical toolkits and libraries into ArcGIS (AGITK, MSP)
* Participate and help document results from defense and intelligence holistic lab testing
* Support the development and operation of automated and manual QA tests on standard operating procedures (SOPs), image quality metric evaluations, and regression testing
* 5+ years of engineering experience working on COTS or GOTS software products
* 3+ years of experience in one or more of these disciplines: remote sensing, image processing, photogrammetry, image analysis
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a U.S. Top Secret clearance with SCI access
* Bachelor s in geography, engineering, remote sensing, photogrammetry, or related field
* Experience in the defense and/or intelligence communities
* Hands-on imagery experience
* Familiarity with the NITF format and specification
* Familiarity with multiple image modalities
* Experience with ArcGIS, ENVI, Socet GXP, or RemoteView
* Experience writing technical user documentation or technical developer documentation
* Experience designing modern commercial software
Questions about our interview process* We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.