Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
The Safety and Security Officer is responsible for providing protection and communication with hotel guests and employees. He/she is also responsible for patrolling hotel premises to maintain security, detect and report fire, security and safety hazards and/or violations of Highgate Hotel s rules and regulations.
* Use proper radio etiquette at all times.
* Maintain visual contact with the Front Desk/Night Auditor and the front door of the hotel by remaining in the Lobby area when not on property walks.
* Maintain and review daily activity log.
* Maintain confidentiality with respect to guest and employee incidents.
* Hold briefing with Guest Services staff both at the beginning and end of shift.
* Check ID of visitors/employees as necessary.
* Access secured areas for authorized personnel.
* Maintain an awareness of legal limitation of position (local, state and/or federal ordinances).
* Assist guests to their rooms or assist guest s w/entry into their rooms according to hotel standards.
* Assist during medical emergencies.
* Respond to emergency situations, including medical, security, guest complaints, etc.
* Investigate assault complaints.
* Assist outside agencies, as necessary, to maintain effective liaison.
* Respond to altercations, and investigate.
* Have knowledge of hotel and guestroom locking systems.
* Monitor TV cameras, if applicable.
* Administer First Aid/CPR as necessary.
* Challenge suspicious persons.
* Check safety hazards.
* Administer Heimlich Maneuver and or First Aid/CPR as necessary
* Complete Incident/Accident reports in a clear and concise manner.
* Monitor employees as they enter and exit the building.
* Conduct investigations relative to property losses, guest and employee accidents, and illnesses and crimes against the hotel.
* Document all deliveries.
* Patrol area to insure that areas are secure and free of unauthorized persons and disturbances.
* Provide escorts to persons carrying money, or other requests.
* Issue and inventory pagers, radio equipment and keys on a daily bases, if applicable.
* High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
* Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
* Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Ability to climb and descend stairways and run.
* Ability to physically deter individuals who pose a threat to employee and/or guests
* Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
* Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
* Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
* Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
* Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
* Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
* Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
* Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
* Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.