Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000 people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It's an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we're connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
At HCA, you have options. You can choose from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for medial and childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment programs.
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious team member to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
Trident Health is a 445-bed HCA Healthcare hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals - Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center - two freestanding emergency departments - Centre Pointe Emergency and Moncks Corner Medical Center - and an affliation with CareNow Urgent Care in Goose Creek and CareNow Urgent Care in North Charleston. The Joint Commission recently named Trident Health as one of the nation's top hospitals for quality and safety for the fourth year in a row. Other noteworthy services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center, and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Accredited by The Joint Commission, Trident Health is committed to providing quality health services along with wellness information and opportunities to the communities it serves.
As a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP), you will be responsible for the following under the direction of the VP, HR:
IMPLEMENT BUSINESS AND HR STRATEGY AND PROGRAMS
* Engage designated leaders to understand talent needs of the businesses and define people strategies.
* Implement HCA-wide and LOB or location-specific HR initiatives.
* If applicable, work with the VP of HR and the Labor Relations Center of Excellence to support Labor Relations strategy (i.e., grievance procedures must involve Labor Relations).
ADVISE LEADERS ON PEOPLE ISSUES
* Provide HR observations related to departmental issues in meetings and one-on-one. Interpret talent management data for departments and work with VP of HR to develop appropriate initiatives.
* Coach designated leaders through change management, performance management issues, etc.
* Respond to leader questions and requests for information, point them to appropriate self-service tools.
DEPLOY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS
* Advise leaders on learning and organizational development. May include program implementation such as ensuring completion of employee development plans, updating the succession plan and implementing other programs and tools.
* Deploy HCA career development program tools and processes. Includes coaching leaders, participating in employee career counseling and feedback sessions, equipping managers with standard tools for coaching, feedback & planning.
SUPPORT EMPLOYEE & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
* Promote and foster a healthy work environment; raise awareness of available programs to assist employees. Implement appropriate employee engagement programs and union avoidance initiatives (as applicable).
* Prepare/coordinate events e.g. holiday celebrations, employee recognition events, service awards, community support.
* Coordinate and facilitate employee activity groups and other employee teams (peer reviews).
* Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of employee engagement surveys; assess facility \\"temperature\\" through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers.
* Counsel managers and employees on situational issues; resolve employee conflicts.
IMPLEMENT BUSINESS PERFORMANCE, QUALITY AND PATIENT CARE INITIATIVES
* Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance standards (Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor, HR policies, etc.) and create an environment of compliance/excellence.
* Support employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees or managers.
* Deploy performance management/appraisal program tools and processes in their assigned facility areas. Includes coaching, participating in assigning ratings, feedback sessions and developing performance improvement plans.
* Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of employment actions; provide information on RIF processes and severance.
* Escalate major issues to VP of HR and/or HR Center of Excellence/HR Service Centers when appropriate.
* Support measurement of productivity and addressing of productivity issues.
* Implement emergency response plans with appropriate leaders.
EXECUTE HR OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE
* Work with VP of HR and all HR Centers of Excellence to give feedback on strategies and programs to more effectively meet the needs of businesses.
* Prepare managers for the compensation planning process and provide compensation budget information.
* Support Total Rewards COE with benefits enrollment at facility level.
* Work with designated department leaders on workforce planning, including position control/review; aligning with budget, productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc. Review and localize job descriptions and compensation with Recruiting and Compensation Centers of Excellence. Assist leadership with temporary/PRN workforce planning & implementation, internship/externship placements and other non-RFT talent processes.
* Perform worker's comp intake processing; support applicable employee leave of absence/return to work administration at facility level (advising employees on process, completing necessary onsite paperwork, etc.).
* Facilitate local interview process for hiring. Develop and deliver local onboarding and facility orientation programs.
* Support effective leader and employee communications.
* Support utilization of the HR support model; guide employees to the appropriate channel and ensure proper utilization of HR policies and processes.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 2 years of Human Resources experience (change management, engagement, retention, succession planning, etc.).
* Employee Relations experience (anticipate, identify and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues - corrective actions, disciplinary discussions, etc.).
* Healthcare and/or hospital experience preferred.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We