Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Antigo, Wisconsin
Dover Precision Components delivers performance-critical solutions for rotating and reciprocating machinery across the oil & gas, power generation, marine, industrial, chemical and general processing markets. Comprising the Waukesha Bearings, Bearings Plus, Inpro/Seal and Cook Compression brands, our portfolio includes hydrodynamic bearings, active magnetic bearings, system and bearing protection, and reciprocating compressor valves, sealing technologies, pistons, rods and more. Each solution is custom-engineered to provide optimum efficiency, reliability and productivity, and backed by comprehensive aftermarket services. Dover Precision Components serves its global customer base through facilities in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East, as well as technical sales representatives around the world. Dover Precision Components is part of Dover Corporation s Fluids segment.
Dover Precision Components is hiring for its brand of Waukesha Bearings. Our facility is climate controlled, ISO certified, and we provide competitive benefits. Included in our benefits are shift premiums, Company provided uniforms, sign-on bonuses for select positions, and a tuition reimbursement program.
The CI Coordinator is accountable for executing the corporate lean continuous improvement (CI) initiatives for our manufacturing facility in Antigo, WI. The strategy this position develops will result in a significant impact to Quality, Cost, Delivery, and Safety (QCDS). This position will provide training, expertise and direction for improvement activities to support the business goals and objectives at the plant level. This position will also work closely with the plant manager, corporate CI team, as well as a cross-functional site leadership, to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective operational/business solutions for all aspects of the plant.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position are:
* Communicate Lean CI vision to plant/functional leaders and implement lean CI strategy at the plant/functional level.
* Communicate monthly productivity and CI results to plant/functional management and corporate CI team.
* Develop and own CI roadmap to improve flow of material and transaction (targeting lead time reduction).
* Execute CI roadmap within the site. Participate/teach/lead the deployment of design for flow lean tools.
* Establish standardized work and audit schedule for sustainment. Drive and improve the SQDC metrics.
* Implement CI best practices across the plant/functional areas and share with the organization.
* Participate GEMBA walks and coach/mentor/train the plant/functional management team to deploy a consistent Daily Lean Management System (DLMS) and drive CI culture across the plant/functional areas.
* Train all employees on the Fundamentals of Lean including, but not limited to 7 Wastes, 5-S, PDCA, SMED, Visual factory, etc.
* Train all employees on problem solving skills and promote the use of problem-solving tools within the plant/functional areas and become a subject matter expert.
This position has no supervisory requirements.
* Must be highly self-motivated and passionate.
* Working experiences with functional leaders to establish and execute CI roadmap to deliver baseline results.
* Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word, Visio, Power Point, and Lean view/Visio (Value stream mapping).
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, business administration or related field is required.
* 3+ years of operations/production experience with demonstrated process improvement experiences.
* 2+ years of experience of leading Kaizen and deploying lean tools and principles.
* The ability to coordinate and lead successful cross-functional improvements is necessary in addition to possessing superior written, oral and presentation skills.
Ability to respond to common inquiries.
Must possess basic analytical abilities.
The qualified candidate must be able to troubleshoot and resolve various material issues within the company. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.
This position may be located in: Americas : United States : Wisconsin : Antigo
Sub Division : Antigo - E0069
Job Requisition ID : 31819.