Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Kalihi Kam, Hawaii
Build a Career with A Fast-Growing Leader Offering Exceptional Benefits
Showcase Your Potential to Advance while Enjoying Employee-Friendly Culture
If you combine your customer service skills with strong leadership abilities, this position offers you a number of attractive opportunities:
You will earn Excellent compensation, including bonus potential and great benefits. For example, we pay the total premium for medical insurance, so you'll only be responsible for co-pays.We see this role, in our nomnom convenience stores, as a proving ground, and many employees have started in this role and Advanced to Store Manager or even higher roles.
You'll join our ohana -- We truly care for our employees and promote a close-knit atmosphere.We offer both Autonomy and support, including excellent training.You'll become part of a fast-growing company that operates more than 90 gas station/convenience stores on five islands.To meet the basic qualification for this role, you will have legal authorization to work permanently in the United States for any employer without requiring a visa transfer or visa sponsorship. In addition, to be a good fit for the Assistant Store Manager opportunity,
you will have:
A high school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
Experience in customer-facing roles, including handling customer issues.
Experience in retail sales and cash handling. Some supervisory or team leadership experience.
A valid driver's license and reliable vehicle.
Schedule flexibility and the willingness to work day, swing and night shifts, including weekends.
We have opportunities for Assistant Store Managers and Customer Service Associates throughout the Islands, so feel free to share this information with your network
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SITE RELATIONSHIPS
- Consistently provide prompt and courteous customer service, may be required to assist customers at the gas pump, and assists in resolving customer issues.
- Accurately ring up all sales on POS system; comply with all cash handling procedures including checks, and other types of payment received for products sold.
- Develop positive and professional relationships with all suppliers.
- Is responsible for all cash, monies, and inventory during shift.
STORE OPERATIONS AND FACILITIES MAINTENANCE
- Assume Store Manager responsibilities when needed.
- Prepare bank deposit, reports, and paperwork during manager's absence or days off.
- Comply with all company policies and store procedures.
- Assist in maintaining proper inventory levels and shift audits.
- Adopt, comply with, and participate in all safety programs and training.
- Perform cleaning duties necessary to maintain site cleanliness inside and out, and basic upkeep and/or cleaning of all equipment on the site. Assist with identifying equipment problems.
- Receive merchandise using proper check-in procedures when working with vendors.
- Perform all duties with minimal supervision, and may be required to work irregular work hours, attend job-related meetings and other duties as assigned.
- Conduct fuel surveys
Maintain a professional and supportive image among subordinates and supervisor.
- Work with station manager to create, maintain, and improve teamwork, and provide training assistance to new associates.
- Assist with scheduling staff working hours.
- Ability to communicate in English (orally and in writing), including proficient telephone communication skills.
- Ability to work various shifts as scheduled and arrive on time.
- Ability to work with equipment, tools and materials as required.
- A valid driver's license, and adequate transportation for banking and fuel surveys.
- Ability to perform essential duties and work in the conditions as described.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for an entire shift.
- Ability to see with 20/40 vision (corrective lenses acceptable) in order to see numbers on cash register, store inventory levels, items purchased, gas pumps in operation, and problems that may occur with gas pumps.
- Ability to hear (hearing aids acceptable) customer requests and gas pumps (safety measure).
- Frequent reaching overhead, gripping, wrist movement, and finger dexterity required to restock inventory, package items sold, operate POS system, receive payments, issue change, operate gas pumps, wipe pumps, maintain station grounds, and general housekeeping.
- Frequent squatting and kneeling required for obtaining and/or replenishing items.
- Ability to push/pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e. utilizing a hand-truck).
- Frequent lifting of 20 pounds or less from floor to waist, overhead, and carry a short distance.
- Sometimes required to lift more than stated conditions up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to climb a ladder to store or retrieve materials, and/or place or remove signs.
Full-time or part-time work positions available. There may be exposure to gas fumes and solvents, and occasional noise. Work environment is a non-smoking and drug-free setting.
Par Pacific Holdings, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, owns, manages and maintains interests in energy and infrastructure businesses. Par Pacific's business is organized into three primary segments of refining, retail and logistics. We have refining and logistics
assets in Hawai'i and Wyoming and a retail distribution network in Hawai'i. We also own an equity investment in Laramie Energy, LLC, a joint venture entity focused on producing natural gas in Garfield, Mesa and Rio Blanco Counties, Colorado. Par Pacific has an active, opportunistic growth strategy.