Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Meriden, Connecticut
Tucker Mechanical, a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., performs new construction, renovations, energy enhancement as well as service, maintenance and operation. For more than 65 years, Tucker Mechanical has designed and delivered comprehensive HVAC solutions to businesses seeking to enhance their productivity and efficiency.
Senior Project Manager
Tucker Mechanical, Inc. is looking for a dedicated individual to fill the position of Senior Project Manager for our company. This position would be responsible for providing the overall management direction for two or more large projects. Volume shall be in excess of $15 million.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Plan, organize and assist in the staffing of key field positions for specific projects using existing and/or new employees.
* Establish project objectives, schedules, policies, procedures and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
* Initiate and maintain liaison with the prime client and A/E contacts to facilitate construction activities.
* Monitor and control construction through administrative direction of an onsite Project Staff to ensure the project(s) are built on schedule and within budget; identify potential problems and assist in recommending corrective action.
* Represent company in project meetings and assist in labor negotiations/strategy meetings.
* Supervise and evaluate the work of project managers, assistant project managers and project engineers.
* Provide accurate forecast to complete reports at any stage during a project.
* Manage financial aspects of the contracts (pay applications, rental equipment, tools, etc.) to protect the company's interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with Client.
* Prepare and present the monthly financial work in process reports for senior management.
* Assume additional responsibilities as directed by the Division Manager and/or Corporate executives.
Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year engineering degree or equivalent field experience, plus extensive (ten or more years) experience/knowledge of construction, design and management required. Must be sensitive to the essence of time; unwilling to procrastinate; and self-motivated. Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance. Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on a project is vital. Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) skills are essential. Must be a business oriented person capable of successfully managing a group of employees. Exceptional computer skills and adept at using COINs, Excel, Word and Outlook.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled