DON'T JUST MAKE A LIVING. MAKE LIVING BETTER.
"At American Woodmark, we are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of people. This fundamental commitment has increased during our nearly 40+year history. What's our secret? It's the power of our people working together across boundaries, and challenging ourselves to be the very best every day. This empowers us to deliver on our promise to give our customers the superior products and services they deserve. Create your next opportunity with us."
American Woodmark invites you to apply the Staff Internal Staff position, based at American Woodmark Corporate Headquarters in Winchester, Virginia.
As member of the Internal Audit Team, the Staff Auditor has primary responsibility to support the internal audit department in its scope to deliver assurance to management by providing independent audits and assessments. This includes assessments of business risk, regulatory compliance, internal control and efficiency/adequacy of business processes in order to ensure financial data integrity and provide value-added recommendations to management. The Staff Auditor will be responsible for supporting department goals, project deliverables and special projects. Travel is up to 50%.
* Assist in project planning activities, including gathering, reviewing and interpreting data, interviewing key stakeholders to determine scope of audit procedures
* Assist in performing audit testing procedures, including attribute-based controls, and financial substantive testing, through various means -- inspection, observation, and re-performance
* Assist in documentation of testing results, and drafting of final report / deliverables
* Assist in performing direct assistance to the annual external audit, including physical inventory verification procedures
* Support continuous improvement teams in creating automated tools, templates and other means of increasing efficiency and productivity
* Perform other duties/projects as assigned
* Currently pursuing an undergraduate (junior standing) or Master's degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, IT or related discipline
* Ability to work effectively in a highly energetic and multiple-engagement environment, dedication to teamwork, a strong work initiative, and the ability to adapt to new challenges and ideas
* Strong communication and organization skills
* Strong technical proficiency in MS Excel, Access and SharePoint
* Basic understanding of financial statements U.S. Citizen or legal right to work in the U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled