Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Plainsboro, New Jersey
Job ID 2020-6300
WuXi Biologics is a leading global open-access biologics technology platform offering end-to-end solutions to empower organizations to discover, develop and manufacture biologics from concept to commercial manufacturing.
Executive Director Engineering is responsible to lead the activities of the entire project delivery organization. Will oversee and coordinate engineering capital projects in excess of $200M. Leads all aspects of project delivery including design, procurement, construction, commissioning, validation and qualification. This role will ensure that strategies and decisions implemented by teams are assessed for risk to timelines and budget, and the output of the decisions will support agreed upon key deliverables.
• Manages and tracks program progress as assigned on a continual basis, identifying and tracking both cross-project and cross-functional issues
• Supports quarterly forecasts, manages scope, timeline and financial changes through tracking variances at the program level.
• Provide guidance to project managers on proposal analysis/proposal development, workload planning, project schedules, and cost/budget to ensure projects align with program capabilities and the overarching business objectives.
• Address and resolve escalated issues from project stakeholders, including engineers, clients, or regulatory agencies
• Demonstrates strong project controls knowledge and experience (P-6)
Experience / Education
• Bachelor's degree in related field required; Master's degree in Business or Science is preferred
• Minimum of 20 years of Project Management on large projects
• Project Management Professional Certification is preferred.
• Advanced training or relevant experience in contracting, negotiating or experience in financial analyses would be assets.
• Strong leadership skills as applied to inter- and intra-departmental teams.
• Proven ability to build strong, trusting, working relationships.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills as well as strong presentation skills
• Ability and desire to work in a team-oriented environment
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Proficient in Oral & Written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Ability to stand /Sit/walk for long periods of time
• Ability to Lift 10 lbs occasionally
• Ability to crouch, bend, twist, and reach
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.