The Manufacturing Engineer will work with the Operations, Maintenance, & Engineering teams to assure PTF's utilization of equipment is optimal, production method outputs meet customer requirements and production methods are properly documented. The engineer will be part of the life-cycle management. The engineer will conduct innovative projects while assuring the repeatability of PTF's proven production processes are being achieved.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Create, update and maintain manufacturing documentation, including work instructions and technical drawings.
· Provide technical expertise to Manufacturing for on ongoing projects.
· Work with manufacturing on continuous improvement projects.
· Support the maintenance team with equipment issues and process improvement projects.
· Expand and develop maintenance inventory and organization. Item data entry in ERP system.
· Order repair products and inventory items.
· Support installation qualification (IQ), operational qualification (OQ) and performance qualification (PQ) to include calibration and maintenance requirements.
· Evaluate process requirements of new and existing products and communicate details to the team.
· Research, configure, test, validate and document innovations in thermoforming & 5-axis trimming. Develop and implement production processes including the design of product flow, data collection, and operator assembly aids.
· Collect and analyze statistical data from various aspects of PTF's manufacturing process.
· Develop statistical process controls for manufacturing processes.
· Require a mixed use of collaboration, influence, and individual contributor skills to interface with a variety of functions and people inside and outside of the team.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· This job will require about 50% of the time to be spent on the production floor.
Personal Protective Equipment Requirements:
Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses are required for the job when in the manufacturing areas. Safety toed shoes or boots (ASTM 2413-11 standard) are required in specific manufacturing areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other different tasks be performed when circumstances change. Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Excellent communications skills and the ability to manage multiple projects
· Lean manufacturing skills -- a plus
· Project planning skills -- a plus
· Advanced math and statistics skills
· PLC Programming and Troubleshooting -- a plus
· CAD and CAM skills, SolidWorks & AutoCAD Preferred
· Support engineering mold and fixture design for thermoformed parts -- a plus
· ERP software skills, IQMS Preferred - a plus
· Microsoft office suite
Education / Experience:
· Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and manufacturing experience.