The Implementation Specialist provides change support to the user community for Manufacturing and Supply Chain software systems. They will shape and develop the future of technical communications through the development of support documentation, specialized trainings, reference materials, and the SharePoint site.
1. Develop, define, communicate, and deliver implementation roadmaps.
2. Based on established standards and templates, develop and maintain Online Help systems and other documentation to serve client needs.
3. Develop and deliver training that supports necessary changes.
4. Assist with maintaining and developing the Materials SharePoint site, including adding new pages and other advanced tasks.
5. Assess the effectiveness of user content and relevant training, then recommend corrective actions when necessary.
6. Perform peer documentation reviews.
7. Establish relationships with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), including end users, software developers, and others.
8. Participate on cross-functional teams as a member or resource, document team activity, and communicate documentation needs.
9. Coordinate with IT personnel and end users to identify, analyze, and correct system errors.
10. Participate in taking actions to meet departmental scorecard goals.
11. Perform other tasks as assigned.
12. Act in accordance with our company values and principles.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
* Undergraduate degree in Technical Writing, Training, Communications, or related field. Experience will be considered in lieu of an undergraduate degree. Professional Training or Technical Communication certification (e.g. STC CPTC or ATD CPLP) is a plus.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in developing technical documentation and training for complex software systems.
* Advanced computer skills with a focus on RoboHelp, Captivate, and graphics tools.
* Understanding of current learning technologies.
* Project management experience and the ability to balance workload and resources to meet established deadlines.
* Experience in Materials and/or Supply Chain Services is preferred.
* Work habits must be consistent with and support the current AWC Vision and CITE principles. Must be able to work independently with moderate supervision.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret system requirements and design documents. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with subject matter experts and all other personnel within the organization. Serve as a subject matter expert in Technical Writing, systems, and material flow.
Ability to define documentation projects, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical documentation in written or diagram form and translate into clear, concise, and accurate user documentation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk occasionally.
Typical office environment where the noise level is usually moderate. Occasional out-of-town travel is required, typically to a manufacturing plant where the individual must adhere to safety rules and regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled