Posted in Management 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Reston, Virginia
Verisign’s IT Service Delivery team is seeking an Operations Analyst IV who will be responsible for supporting projects and related initiatives within the Computer Information Services (CIS) team. The position will facilitate business changes through documentation as well as end-user awareness and engagement as needed. This individual will work with different members of the team as well as stakeholders to effectively understand, document, prioritize, analyze and execute support tasks. Will ensure oversight of hardware and software resources and ensure metrics are analyzed for accuracy and efficiencies. This individual will proactively recommend and facilitate improvements to current methods to fulfill end user technical needs. The Operations Analyst IV will work closely with all CIS teams to drive process, technical and information security improvements in day to day operations of end user technology support.
Verisign, a global provider of domain name registry services and internet infrastructure, enables internet navigation for many of the world’s most recognized domain names. Verisign enables the security, stability, and resiliency of key internet infrastructure and services, including providing root zone maintainer services, operating two of the 13 global internet root servers, and providing registration services and authoritative resolution for the .com and .net top-level domains, which support the majority of global e-commerce.
As a working member of the CIS team, this position:
• Identifies business challenges, analyzes data and facilitates implementing improvements
• Provides problem solving support
• Facilitates capturing of data for tracking and analyzing, to ensure compliance with licensing and Application Control expectations
• Provides cross functional assistance with various sized initiatives
• Writes and reviews targeted written communication to end users for awareness
• End user engagement
• Release management oversight and tracking
• Information security compliance oversight
• Assists with special projects as they arise
• Assists with software analysis for CIS team support
• Implements processes based on proactive approaches to resolve recurring operational and technical challenges
• Creates KPIs, collects data, improves metrics in order to determine trends, potential remediations and escalation paths
• Monitors for end user issue trends and offers recommendations for improved team performance, as well as technical improvements to stabilize the end user environment
• Assists with Verisign’s High-Risk Secure Travel solution by identifying and facilitating improvements for travelers to high risk areas
• Assists with oversight of secure data transfer devices and desktop software licenses to include yearly renewals
• Assists with developing processes and procedures to improve intra and inter departmental oversight of software and assets
• 4 Year / Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience, Business, IT degree or related field
• 6 years of related experience, progressively responsible related business experience
• 4 years of related experience, implementing process improvement initiatives
• Self-motivated/guided and driven individual with great work ethics, requiring minimal direction.
• Analytic and problem-solving skills with attention to detail and organization.
• A team player outlook with the ability to work well with peers. Detail oriented, superior organizational, prioritization, time management and multi- tasking skills a must.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with credibility at all levels of an organization. Responsive to department needs and highly motivated to improve the skills and capabilities of the team.
• Exceptional technical writing and technically aligned.
• Demonstrated experience in the leadership of project-related activities through active participation in system-related projects.
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint
• Graduate Degree or equivalent work experience
• ITIL Foundations