Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Newport Beach, California
Direct and manage investments in commercial real estate debt securities, structured real estate debt (mezzanine and B-Notes) and other structured debt investments consistent with the goals and strategies of Real Estate Investments at Pacific Life.
* Join the senior leadership team of Real Estate Investments ( REI ) at Pacific Life and direct strategy and goals for a key unit that oversees all aspects of commercial real estate bond investments: solicitation, underwriting, asset selection, trading, and surveillance.
* Direct and manage the investment and trading of commercial mortgage backed securities ( CMBS ) and related structured investments (B Notes and mezzanine investments)
* Direct and manage the investment and trading of unsecured bond investments in public and private real estate companies, including public REITs and real estate operating companies ( REOCs ).
* Manage and develop staff and maintain a business unit presentation consistent with the objectives and values of Pacific Life.
* Communicate and collaborate with other key units in REI, including commercial mortgage origination, real estate equity and the asset management functions that support debt and equity investments.
* Manage the investment team to generate increasing investment production, consistent with long term strategic objectives, while maintaining credit discipline and a strong relative value focus that delivers incremental value. Additional production can come from creating efficiencies in existing investment opportunities or by exploring new niche investments that may expand our universe of investable assets. As necessary, identify additional resources that may be necessary to accomplish the goals of the organization.
Factors for Success:
* Seasoned real estate leader with extensive CMBS and REIT bond investment experience.
* Strong relationship management skills and contacts across the industry.
* MBA/Advanced degree in Real Estate
* Knowledge of industry credit standards, legal system and regulatory framework, market conditions and economies, capital markets, valuation techniques, and securities trading policies, procedures, and standards.
* Skills in marketing, negotiation, structuring transactions, assessing the adequacy of documentation, data gathering, and evaluation, financial statement analysis, and time management/organization.
* Ability to communicate effectively and cultivate interpersonal relationships, to train and motivate staff, and to evaluate employee performance.
* Previous experience required would include several years employment in a real estate credit and investing function with a financial institution in the United States. Bond trading and portfolio management experience preferred. A strong network of contacts from the various channels of bond distribution would be a definite asset
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Competitive salary and bonus program Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) Generous vacation time and holiday pay And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
About Pacific Life
For more than 150 years, Pacific Life has offered innovative products and services including life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life offers an environment where you re empowered to achieve your personal best. In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow. For additional company information, including current financial strength ratings, visit www.PacificLife.com.