Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bellefontaine, Ohio
Camp Willson's 500 acre memory maker is seeking enthusiastic leaders to join our Equestrian Staff! This staff person will be the residential camp leader for the boys cabins, they will support the equestrian program by caring for horses, barns and tack and provide instruction to the participants in the program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
2. Assists in the preparation of the horses for equestrian programs, including, but not limited to catching, feeding, grooming and saddling of horses.
3. Provide horse care to your level of training, or report horse health concerns to the Equestrian Director.
4. Assists in the cleaning of horses, barns, facilities and equipment as needed, including, but not limited to the shoveling of manure, storage of tack and supplies, turning out horses, and cleaning of facilities and grounds, care of riding helmets.
5. Observes camper and staff behavior; enforces appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures and applies appropriate behavior-management techniques.
6. Checks all tack and related equipment on a regular basis, reporting any concerns to the Equestrian Director or designate.
7. Follows and implement all policies related to safe horseback riding experiences, including but not limited to staff to participant ratios, safety equipment and emergency procedures.
8. Prepares for and actively participates in staff trainings and meetings.
9. Maintains good public relations with participants and fellow staff.