Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Austin, Texas
Responsible for exceptional client service by providing Tier 2 technical support through analyzing and troubleshooting technical problems and resolving complex hardware, software, network and connectivity problems via several methods (phone, e-mail, instant message, automated alarms, etc.). Investigate elevated client support issues by reviewing work completed by Tier 1, confirm the validity of the problem, research known solutions to related issue and provide advanced troubleshooting by ensuring the intricacies of the challenging issues are solved. Utilize various diagnostic tools to identify root cause of hardware, software, network and connectivity issues.
Provide thorough diagnostic and troubleshooting services to resolve client issues remotely; also performed on site for Key Accounts as designated. Escalate issues requiring onsite or Tier 3 support assistance within prescribed service levels and procedures for problem resolution in matters of greater complexity. Provide client network administration services including the management, control and monitoring of network infrastructure health, security and capacity as well as monitoring power failures, communication line alarms and network performance issues. Ensure technical support services are delivered to clients in a high quality and professional manner consistent with company initiatives, client expectations as well as internal and external SLAs.
* Tier 2 escalation support for clients requiring advanced technical troubleshooting on hardware, software, network and connectivity issues.
* Identify, research, analyze, diagnose, resolve and close escalated technical problems in a quality and timely manner.
* Provide comprehensive diagnostic, root cause and troubleshooting support and accurate problem resolution.
* Determine the need to deploy field service resources required to deliver client service requests via incident management and dispatch processes through the service desk.
* Escalate irresolvable issues requiring Tier 3 support assistance within prescribed service levels and procedures for problem resolution in matters of greater complexity.
* Provide client network administration services including the management, control and monitoring of network infrastructure.
* Monitor service desk tickets volume and ensure timely closure of all assigned tickets.
* Utilize service delivery management and related technology systems and tools for efficient execution of service desk activities.
* Utilize escalation and exception paths, processes and systems to report current performance and make recommendations for improvement of performance.
* Analyze ticket data to identify and implement lessons learned, efficiencies and enhanced client service.
* Continuously expand, research and leverage knowledge of technology, market and industry trends and benchmarking to identify, recommend and implement best practices, methodologies and relevant analytics.
* Continuously develop and enhance knowledge, skills and abilities through various learning channels to expand technical and non-technical capabilities. Ensure further expansion of skill-set in the products & services that BBOX supports.
* Meet all financial performance objectives for area of responsibility and take corrective action as needed.
* Implement and make recommendations to improve methodologies, core competencies and processes for the service desk to ensure stable and quality product & service delivery consistent with company objectives and client expectations.
* Maintain and enhance a strong client service-oriented environment focused on problem prediction, detection and resolution. Proactively identify and remove barriers to meeting client expectations. Provide timely documentation of issues, action plan and outcome. Achieve all client satisfaction objectives and internal and external SLAs.
* Actively and consistently recommend and support all efforts to improve, simplify, automate and enhance day to day service delivery operations and the client experience.
* Foster and contribute toward collaborative working relationships within NACS operations and across all levels and departments of the organization to execute service desk functions and company priorities.
* Achieve performance targets established by leadership for applicable Key Performance Indicators.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Accountability - Demonstrates an understanding of the link between one s own job responsibilities and overall organizational goals and needs, and performs one s job with the broader goals in mind. Looks beyond the requirements of one s own job to offer suggestions for improvements of overall organization operations. Takes personal ownership in organization s success.
Customer Focus - Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customers needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer. Considers the impact on the external customer when taking action, setting policies or carrying out one s own job tasks. Looks for external trends that are likely to shape the wants and needs of customers in the near future. Looks for creative approaches to providing or improving services that may increase efficiency and decrease cost.
Decision Making - Makes good decisions using a combination of analysis, knowledge, experience, and judgment. Analyzes and distinguishes core problems by looking at the symptoms. Resolves key issues behind major problems in the short term while developing and executing long term solutions. Has a strong record for making decisions that are correct and accurate. Applies strategies to implement effective decision making during crises.
Interpersonal Relationships - Demonstrates appropriate and professional behavior at all times. Uses a high degree of tact and diplomacy in working with others. Models and exercises sound judgment regarding personal conduct. Is aware of one s own style or preference and its impact on others. Earns the respect of others.
Problem Solving and Critical Thinking - Builds a logical approach to address problems or opportunities or manage the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience base and calling on other references and resources as necessary. Undertakes a complex task by breaking it down into manageable parts in a systematic, detailed way. Identifies the information needed to solve a problem effectively. Gets input from internal/external contacts who are closest to the problem.
Education / Experience Requirements
* High School Diploma required; Associates Degree in Information Technology or related, preferred.
* 3+ years of technical support experience in a call center environment. Technology Services or Managed Service Provider industry experience preferred.
* Knowledge of Layer 2 & 3 networking standards, connectivity & security, networking technologies and infrastructures including cabling, LAN, WAN, and various telecommunication access methods.
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or related certifications preferred.
* Service awareness of all organization s key product and service offerings for which support is being provided.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with federal, state and local laws, Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.