Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Saint Louis, Missouri
The Compliance and Policy Specialist ensures Ameren s compliance, processes all aspects, and administers policies involving Department of Transportation (DOT) and Drug & Alcohol, Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Sick Leave Control Agreement (SLCA) and Unemployment. Understands, interprets and communicate regulations and administers the related processes, while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and integrity to safeguard the Company s position on confidential matters and ensure compliance with company policies, state and federal regulations and collective bargained agreements.
Key responsibilities include:
* Responsible for oversight, administration and processing of all aspects of DOT and Drug & Alcohol, FMLA, and SLCA processes and training to include providing guidance and interpretation regarding regulatory requirements and changes, coordinating with physicians and local management regarding sick leave and restrictions of co-workers, coordination of independent medical examinations as appropriate.
* Interpret and apply knowledge in multiple Labor contracts. Support and be a knowledge resource to Labor Relations and Human Resources, including providing testimony and consultation for hearings, grievances, and arbitrations.
* Act as a liaison between Ameren and suppliers; scheduling and coordinating DOT medical van visits,
* Work with Legal on occasion and represent Ameren in all areas of Unemployment Case Management, Hearings, and Filings, including reconciling quarterly Ameren State Unemployment Statements for account charge accuracy and respond to State and Corporate Tax Department regarding errors in charges.
* Responsible to ensure Essential Function Surveys are consistent and accurate as provided by the business lines.
* Responsible for stellar customer service, independent and effective oral and written communication with all levels of the Ameren organization, external counsel and regulatory agencies.
* Accurately record activities and compile accurate reports and information in a timely and organized fashion, necessary to meet policy and compliance deadlines and co-worker inquiries.
* Participate in projects and teams as needed.
Bachelor s Degree required, preferably in Business Administration, Human Resources or related degree, from an accredited college or university. Three or more years of experience in Human Resources and/or Labor Relations, FMLA, DOT, or Drug & Alcohol Program Administration required. Project and/or team leadership experience preferred.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Working knowledge of the MS Office Suite of applications required. Excellent written and verbal communications required to represent the Company in interactions with employees, legal counsel, supervision, regulatory agencies and union representatives. Knowledge of timekeeping, collective bargaining agreements, sick leave rules, arbitration and mediation processes preferred. Experience with demonstrating effective organizational skills, problem solving, customer focus and effectively partnering with management to manage difficult issues and situations required. The ability to multi-task, work with both internal and external clients in an independent and professional manner required. Ameren competencies: Think Customer, Inspire and Engage, Foster Innovation, Drive Results, Champion Learning, Build Trust, and Be Strategic.
Ameren s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.