Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Northlake, Illinois
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery(R), Otis Spunkmeyer(R), and Oakrun Farm Bakery(R). We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers' expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
* Supervisor, Bakery-Production
* Exempt- Administration
* Production Manager
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Supervises personnel and organizes activities to ensure effective and efficient processing, and issuance of materials throughout the manufacturing facility Provides supervision to hourly employees and/or non-exempt employees.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION CONSIST OF BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Supervises plant production line workers with an emphasis on teamwork, safety and excellent sanitation practices in concert with overall company goals and vision, to produce the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost. Ensures that necessary tools, supplies and equipment are available to perform production tasks effectively. Schedules staff and prioritizes workload in order to manage team hours to allotted budget. Performs training, compliance, recordkeeping, and duties related to achieving production objectives. Support quality control programs to ensure production procedures are in compliance with best practices food safety and quality standards
Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance, may become actively involved as required to meet schedules and resolve problems. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees. Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives.
Provide supervision to exempt employees and/or non-exempt employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This section describes the core responsibilities of this position. Duties may vary dependent on department staffing and seasonal fluctuations;
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead and monitor production line tasks.
* Execute production plan.
* Ensure tasks are performed according to standard procedures and regulations.
* Investigate and resolve production and personnel issues as they arise.
* Account for 100% of raw materials consumed in mixing.
* Ensure production and QA details are properly recorded.
Schedule /assign subordinate staff tasks to meet production goals and objectives.
* Ensure accurate timekeeping.
* Evaluate performance.
* Assure effective employee relations.
Prepare and submit data for production reporting.
* Prepare daily production report.
* Report production through use of ERP.
Perform continuous improvement review.
* Analyze production runs and make suggestions for improvement.
* Observe condition of Plant floor to identify improvement opportunities and make suggestions for improvement.
* Perform and report on accident investigations.
Reconcile daily down-time.
* Confer with Maintenance and Production managers daily on production line issues.
* Determine causes and suggest possible solutions.
*PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED OR REQUIRED.
Plant Manager Service Contractors
Procurement/Purchasing Supply Contractors
Human Resources Manager
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time.
* Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 20% of total work time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions, and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and extreme cold.
* While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a manufacturing, warehouse and walk-in freezer environment where temperatures can vary from extreme cold to very warm.
* The noise level in the work environment is often moderate to loud.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES PROFICIENCY LEVEL REQUIRED:
* High School/General Education Degree and/or 12 years' experience plus related industry coursework.
* 3-4 years manufacturing experience
* Computer literate in spreadsheet and word applications
* Ability to analyze reports and performance
* Leadership and communication skills
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.