Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Northlake, Illinois
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
* Test and evaluates incoming ingredients to ensure match company specifications
* Check production lines to ensure company specifications are met for work in progress
* Checks Packaging lines to ensure company specifications are met for work for finished product.
* Retains, bakes, and test product samples to ensure product is performing to specifications and to customer expectations through product evaluations
* Checks outbound finished product to ensure customer requirements temperatures are met
* Monitors temperatures of coolers and freezers and alerts necessary personnel when out of specified range
* Responsible for taking samples of environmental testing throughout facility for evaluations
* Monitors CCPs throughout all production lines (processing and packaging) which includes label validations and metal detections systems/X-ray.
* Responsible for verification of all production work that requires daily signatures for quality parameters (Net Contents, clean break, etc.) and prepared for audit ready events
* Responsible for verification of allergen cleaning procedures on equipment through allergen swabbing and visual inspections
* Responsible for preparing samples for outbound deliveries for customers for special deliveries
* Responsible for maintaining a clean laboratory environment, filing all production paperwork related to QA, verifying of thermometers, and testing product on lab equipment such as the Bostwick, pH meter, water activity meter and Roto-Tap.
* Conducts GMP Audit and retrains employees if necessary to following plant s rules and regulations
* Assists in maintaining Hold/Release Program with daily and weekly verifications and coordinates with QA staff to manage inventories
* Assists in any quality incident/foreign material hold investigation to find root cause and identify corrective/preventative measurements
* Maintain databases within QA department on tracking logs, recent issues, and any special quality related projects within the department
* Responsible for shelf life assessments and maintain proper databases.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.