Posted in Other 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with more than 90 offices in 50 countries. For more information, please visit bcg.com
PRACTICE AREA PROFILE
BCG Platinion launched in Germany in 2000 to add deep technical expertise to the Boston Consulting Group s existing capabilities. Today, our presence spans across the globe, with offices in Asia, Europe, and South and North America. Our New York-based North American team began in 2014 and in 2017 acquired MAYA Design, a Pittsburgh-based digital design and innovation lab, to grow our capabilities around technology and design. We support our clients total digital transformation through technology, design, cybersecurity, and risk management & financial engineering capabilities. And together with BCG, BCG Platinion s interdisciplinary team of technical experts enable customized technical solutions and accelerate delivery value through new business platforms, application consolidations, and major system implementations.
At BCG Platinion, we are thinkers, makers, and doers who love solving hard problems. We aren t afraid to roll up our sleeves and dive into the weeds of complexity in fact, that s our job. When companies are tasked with understanding and managing their data, we come in and develop the products, tools, and platforms they need to harness that information for real impact.
Lead Data Engineers at BCG Platinion:
* Iterative. They are excited to prototype at all levels of fidelity and have the humility to walk away from ideas when they fail.
* Collaborative. They have the ability and enthusiasm to work with researchers, engineers, business consultants, and other designers who will challenge and support one another.
* Comfortable with ambiguity. They know projects and businesses move fast. That means the path forward isn t always well-defined. They are comfortable and collaborative through our process.
* Interdisciplinary. They deliver data products for digital solutions, deploy analytical models into production, fix existing data platforms, or coach and enable other teams in best practices depending on need.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
* Working with a diverse set of clients across domains and industries
* Implement data orchestration pipelines, data sourcing, cleansing, and augmentation and quality control processes
* Deploying machine learning models in production
* Supporting data architects in designing data architectures
* Translating business needs into technical solutions
* Contributing to overall solution, integration, and enterprise architectures
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
* 2+ years of experience working on large scale, full lifecycle data implementation projects
* BS/BA in data engineering, software engineering, data science, computer science, applied mathematics, or equivalent experience
* A deep knowledge of performant SQL and understanding of relational database technology
* Hands-on RDBMS experience (data modeling, analysis, programming, stored procedures)
* Expertise in developing ETL/ELT workflows with one or more of the following:
* Deployment of data pipelines in the Cloud in at least AWS, Azure, or GCP
* A deep understanding of relational and warehousing database technology, working with at least one of the major databases platforms (Oracle, SQLServer, Teradata, MySQL, Postgres)
Additional consideration to candidates who possess some of the following criteria:
* A solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO Design with fundamentally strong programming skills
* Proven success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
* Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
* Intellectual curiosity and an ability to execute projects
* An understanding of "big picture" business requirements that drive architecture and design decisions
* Experience working with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hive, Impala, Druid, Presto
Date Posted: 01-Jul-2019
Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under national, provincial, or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws.
BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify..