Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
A Field Service Representative serves as a company technical and administrative representative, deals with customer service assignments including on-site preventative maintenance and inspection service work, responds to call out services, and performs commissioning activities on Solar gas turbine packages. Service area is based out of the New Orleans Field Office. The applicant must:
· Be able to provide preventative maintenance, commission, trouble call, diagnostics, and repair services while working in a diverse team environment.
· Be able to plan and execute major interventions on schedule and within budget.
· Ensure accurate communications and reporting between immediate Solar management and customer representatives.
· Be able to work individually or with assigned FSR's on preventative/corrective maintenance.
· Demonstrate the capability to utilize a muti-disciplined approach and use sound technical judgment towards rotating equipment and associated balance of plant, maintenance, repair, commissioning and trouble-shooting of complex technical problems.
· Understand and comply with Solar and customer HSSE policies and procedures.
· Ensure all maintenance and commissioning activities are carried out in accordance with Solar Engineering specifications, recommendations and best practices.
· Be capable of reading and using applicable drawings, ladder logic diagrams, and technical manuals.
· Provide a driving record from the applicable licensing agency.
· Pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) drug screen and a physical fitness for offshore duty evaluation.
· Live within 1 hour of driving distance from the New Orleans Area
Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world's leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 15,000 units and over 2 billion operating hours in over 100 countries.
Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines' products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1 to 22 megawatts).
Solar's customers put the company's products to work in many areas including production, processing and pipeline transmission of natural gas and crude oil and generation of electricity and thermal energy for processing applications, such as manufacturing chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food products.
Solar's foundation is people and Solar's culture is one where individual contributions are valued, diversity in the workplace is encouraged, and safety is emphasized in all aspects of the business. Solar Turbines is comprised of a dedicated and multi-talented workforce of more than 7,000 employees with decades of experience working as a global team.