Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Thousand Oaks, California
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Los Robles Hospital & Medical Center is a licensed 404 bed acute care facility. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission, Los Robles Hospital has the only Level II Trauma Center in Eastern Ventura County and the only Emergency Room in both Los Angeles and Ventura counties coveted EDAP (Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics) rating. In addition, it is the only hospital certified by both counties as a STEMI designated heart attack center for rapid heart attack response and is a certified Primary Stroke Center. With over 600 physicians on its medical staff, representing over 50 medical specialties, Los Robles is proud to be the community's most trusted resource for health and a regional destination for care.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Provides medical nutritional therapy that is individualized to meet the specific needs of each patient. Scope of services provided by the dietitian may include care to the following populations: Neonates (birth to 1 year), Pediatrics (1-14 years), Adolescent (14-18 years), Adult (18-65), and Geriatrics (65 and above).
Reports To: Clinical Nutrition Manager, Nutrition Services
QUALIFICATIONS POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
* Satisfactory completion of appropriate academic requirements for the field of dietetics and related disciplines and receipt of a baccalaureate or higher degree from a college or university accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges or other regional accreditation agency.
* Satisfactory Completion of a program of supervised practice for a minimum of 900 hours that is designed to prepare entry level practitioners through instruction and assignments in a clinical setting. Supervisors of the program shall meet minimum qualifications established by public or private agencies or institutions recognized by the State Department of Health Services to establish those qualifications.
* Satisfactory completion of an examination administered by a public or private agency or institution recognized by the State Department of Health Services as qualified to administer the examinations.
* Satisfactory completion of continuing education requirements established by a public or private agency or institution recognized by the State Department of Health Services to establish the requirements.
* Minimum two years' experience as a Registered Dietitian in the acute care setting with demonstrated ability to make clinical judgments in an efficient and effective manner. Is able to work independently.
Or must have at least one of the following specialty certifications or demonstrates clinical competency in one or more of the concentration below:
* Master's Degree with one year's experience in acute care setting with demonstrated ability to made clinical judgments in an effective manner.
* Has acquired specialty certification:
* Certificated Nutrition Support Dietitian (CNSD)
* Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
* Eating Disorders
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.