Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Foster City, California
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
YOU'RE an Individual. WE'RE the team for you. TOGETHER, let's transform the way the world pays.
* To help CyberSource customers manage the risk of taking payments (predominantly
credit and debit card) online. This will include analyzing order data to identify emerging fraud
trends, developing strategies to mitigate these trends, and working closely with CyberSource customers to implement these strategies using a combination of CyberSource and industry tools.
2. Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
* Work with (typically) 7-12 different ecommerce merchants to help them manage CyberSource risk
management products to prevent online card fraud * Develop in-depth knowledge of CyberSource risk management products through research and testing in order to act as subject matter expert to clients.
* Take a proactive approach to staying up-to-date with product developments by monitoring code release notes and knowledge sharing within the team.
* Analyze transaction data with a view to optimizing risk management strategies for clients.
* Produce regular, detailed reports that clearly explain to clients the performance of current risk
management strategies, and if appropriate, how these can be improved.
* Maintain a detailed knowledge of industry best practice and emerging trends and technologies within
payment risk management.
* Deliver occasional training sessions to clients on the use of CyberSource risk products. This may be done over the phone or involve giving presentations, product demonstrations, or whiteboard
* Occasional to frequent travel required for onsite training, assistance with implementations or
periodic business review presentations. * Valid passport required
3. Strategic Nature, Mgmt. Accountability, & Scope
* Responsible for activities of functional area without direct reports.
* Role is key to executing CyberSource s business strategy in region (Americas), ensuring that
ecommerce merchants can transact confidently using CyberSource services.
4. Decision Making & Complexity
* Independent decision making required on daily basis.
* Required to interpret and analyze complex transaction data and identify patterns and trends, and make independent decisions on fraud screening configuration for merchants based on this work.
* Must be keenly aware of the responsibility involved in such a position, given that their recommendations for fraud screening configuration changes will impact which transactions are accepted or rejected by the ecommerce merchant.
5. Financial & Organizational Scope
* Individual contributor working within a global team of Managed Service Analysts, all working as
individual contributors supporting ecommerce merchants in their respective regions. * No responsibility for a budget or cost center.
6. Reporting Relationships & Interactions
* This role reports to the appropriate (Americas, EMEA or APAC) Managed Risk Services Regional Director
* This individual will be expected to interact effectively with direct line management and others at a
7. Key Competencies
* Strong communication skills, with the ability to write clear and concise reports, and the skills to communicate complex concepts and results to customers via phone and email.
* Strong presentation skills and ability to prepare PowerPoint slide decks.
* Strong Microsoft Excel skills (for example, use of pivot tables, VLOOKUP queries, linking
Excel to databases etc.).
9. Other Comments
Establish, maintain and develop good relationships with Regional and global colleagues
to share information, best practices and deliver to business goals.
Multi-cultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management.
As with all positions within the Company, the jobholder is responsible for the security of the Visa International environment and the physical security of all Visa property, documentation and member information.
Health and Safety
Give full support to the Company s health and safety policy and ensure that the policy is effectively implemented and all relevant health and safety legislation is complied with within their area of responsibility and within budgeted resources.
Give full support to the Company s business continuity policy and ensure that the
policy is effectively implemented.
Ensure familiarity with business continuity plans and support all
Required Experience (education, Skills - professional/technical/business)
* Bachelor degree in Finance, Business, Science, Engineering or Computing
* Minimum of three years of experience working within a fraud team at an ecommerce merchant
* Experience of interpreting results from fraud tools used to combat online card fraud (e.g.
3DSecure, device fingerprinting, IP geolocation, velocity, neural scoring etc.) * Experience of analyzing large sets of transaction data to identify patterns and trends
* Creating clear, concise written reports in summarizing fraud analysis results.
Preferred Experience (education, Skills - professional/technical/business)
* Language skills appropriate to merchants within respective region.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Open to telecommuting.