Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Towson, Maryland
Who is Stanley Black & Decker?
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Vidmar. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency. No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we ll keep making it work.
* Create a Strategic Product Plan including developing and updating the 3 yr product road. This will require situational assessment, competitive overview, strategic goals, portfolio analysis and action plans.
* Manage and grow existing business: create plans to increase sales of existing categories, reduce & eliminate product quality issues, and identify cost reduction/value improvement opportunities.
* Manage product portfolio to achieve an annual POS growth target through both NPD and legacy SKU s
* Create and execute end-user based research to build a clear understanding of all relevant product applications becoming the product expert for all categories.
* Lead cross functional teams throughout the entire lifecycle of product development which includes the ability to facilitate and coordinate a diverse group including, engineering, channel, brand, graphics, sourcing, manufacturing, legal, finance, supply, and quality teams.
* Develop and present strategic product and commercial plan to key retailers that increase market share.
* Demonstrate a strong track record of developing and executing successful product plans that are on time and at cost while actively managing risk.
* Actively communicate status of projects to all project stakeholders, which include the cross functional team and senior management.
* Develop all marketing materials including packaging, presentations, merchandising and other collateral to commercially launch new products.
* Work closely with the global teams to deliver projects that drive NPD in EU and GEM.
* Prepare financial analysis for portfolio evaluation and decision making.
* Participate in forecasting/capacity planning with channel, sales, and supply chain.
* Partner with commercial teams to drive new products and ensure success the overall portfolio.
* Bachelor s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering.
* Consumer Goods or power tool industry experience required
* Ability to multi-task and be able to lead and interact with cross functional teams
* Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
* Proven track record of driving sales and achieving goals
* Demonstrate a consistent, dependable and positive work ethic
* Demonstrated knowledge of product planning and market research
* Interest and willingness to travel
* Demonstrated knowledge of key financial metrics: standard margin, OI, etc., S
* Strong project management skills, solid analytical skills and attention to detail
* High proficiency with office productivity software, particularly Power Point, Outlook, Excel and Word. SAP and BW proficiency preferred.
* Ability to travel for business including work on residential and commercial jobsites is required
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.