Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Albany, Oregon
Creating Long-Term Value Thru Relentless Innovation®
ATI is a global manufacturer of technically advanced specialty materials and complex components. Our products support diverse markets and industries such as aerospace and defense, oil & gas, electrical energy, medical, automotive, and other industrial markets.
The Grinder is responsible for the preparation and repair of all types of titanium castings through the use of grinding tools and techniques.
* Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
* Remove metal from castings to meet specifications per tech cards, routers, blue prints, and other approved written instructions.
* Inspect own in-process work using appropriate measuring tools. (UT, Calipers, Dyers, Federals, etc.).
* Check other work using appropriate tools and techniques as needed.
* Read and interpret technical instructions and aerospace metal casting blueprints.
* Safely use pneumatic tools and belt grinders.
* Remove defects with use of ultraviolet light and perform penetrant spot checks.
* May be required to occasionally work outside department
The job description is:
* Intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job title. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and behaviors of employees in this job.
* Not an employment agreement or contract. ATI Metals and its subsidiary companies have the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.
* Intended to describe the essential functions of the position that a qualified individual must be able to perform, either with or without reasonable accommodation.
ATI and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to applicant's race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected be federal or state law. The company will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process if so requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities typically required to perform the essential functions of this job:
* Basic knowledge and/or hands-on experience with Pneumatic Tools is preferred
* Knowledge of measuring tools and equipment preferred
* Artistic skills desirable.
* Good hand/eye coordination
* Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. repetitively and regularly
* Ability to spend long hours working on feet
Education, Certifications and Experience:
* High School diploma or GED preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.