Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Northlake, Illinois
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery(R), Otis Spunkmeyer(R), and Oakrun Farm Bakery(R). We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers' expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
* Warehouse Manager
* Warehouse, Bakery
Purpose: To ensure that job duties that affect the safety, legality and quality standards are addressed.
Budget Scope: Applies basic skills to ensure that product to meet company specifications. Training program will include how training will occur and the exit criteria will verify skill requirements which could include results of the exit criteria to prove comprehension. This could be in the form of written, verbal and/or demonstration for compliance.
General Description: Manages personnel and organizes activities to ensure effective and efficient processing, shipping, and receiving storage, and issuance of materials throughout the manufacturing facility.
Position Relationships; Work closely with:
Plant department managers and personnel toward maintaining high levels of customer service;
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and two-way communication with co-workers and other personnel throughout the Company.
Primary Responsibilities of the position consist of but are not limited to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This section describes the core responsibilities of this position. Duties may vary dependent on department staffing and seasonal fluctuations;
* Plans and manages manpower and the physical consolidation floor to support shift activity and meet weekly facility requirements.
* Coordinates documentation to physical product to ensure timely, damage-free, and accurate shipments for Company and carriers.
* Ensures effective development and staffing with competent personnel throughout department.
* Interfaces with other divisions and operations to ensure timely and accurate receipt of products and to resolve any order discrepancies.
* Assists in budgetary planning process and communicates department budgetary progress each period to the Bakery Director.
* Provides information:
* Warehouse, incoming and outgoing shipping and receiving activities to ensure accuracy, completeness, and condition of shipments.
* Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping specifications, and seals loaded truck doors.
* Inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair. Maintains trailer inspections.
* Initiates investigation into causes of damage or shortage discrepancies.
* Manages and utilizes Company ERP system within area of responsibility.
* Maintains and coordinates purchases of warehouse supplies.
* Participates in and Attends weekly plant internal audit of areas.
* Participates in monthly Safety Committee meeting.
* Participates in Staff meetings with all Plant management.
* Responsible for the selection, training and development necessary to maintain a knowledgeable, experienced and productive distribution staff. Reviews progress with Plant Manager on a monthly basis.
* Coordinates with carriers load planning needs to ensure delivery of scheduled freight to customers in an efficient, cost effective and safe manner.
* This position is also responsible for food safety and legality.
* Supports quality control programs to ensure production procedures are in compliance with best practices food safety and quality standards.
Bakery Director Service Contractors
Procurement/Purchasing Supply Contractors
Human Resources Manager
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Regularly required to climb, stand or walk for extended periods of time. Use a computer keyboard and monitor more than 25% of total work time.
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level Required:
* Experience Level 5-7 years; Minimum EDU Level 12 years, Desired EDU Level 14 to 16 years.
* Proficient in Microsoft Suite
* Knowledge of SAP; preferred
* Ability to analyse reports and performance
* Leadership and Strong communication skills
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.